Search Unity

temporal weirdness

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by cephalo2, May 15, 2019.

1. cephalo2

cephalo2

I did a small acquisition campaign recently and stopped for certain reasons. So over the last two weeks I had about 50 users and DAU went from about 12 and trickled down to about 3 to 1. During this time, I had very little activity in terms of ad views and analytics events. Just in the last two days however, supposedly only 4 active users have won my game 19 times and had 70 ad impressions!

I think my game is pretty fun, but I don't think a person would play 5 or 6 times or more in one day.

My question is, does data appear in the timeline when its processed, or is the data timestamped so it can appear in it's proper place in the timeline? I'm having a hard time figuring out how my game is being used. Do I have some crazy guy out there who is playing my game all darn day? I should find him and council him regarding moderation in all things.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Why?

All you need is telemetry.

3. cephalo2

cephalo2

You mean like when they shoot a tracking dart on a great white shark and follow his movements across the Pacific?

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Very far reached example. But yes.

Only on the software level, which checks, when app is opened, closed, what OS, what hardware, how is used, global localization, etc.
    Basically statistics collection.

5. cephalo2

cephalo2

Well, I'm using Unity Analytics. I'm just having trouble interpreting the data. It seems weird that all my activity happened not when a had a lot of active users, but later when there were very few active users.

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

You need supply evidences, so they can be analyzed.
    Basically screenshots of data, you think there may be discrepancies.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Where are you seeing this? And how are you determining that they "won your game", are you using a funnel? Please provide screenshots. It does take our system 8-16 hours to process events, but they show in the reports as when the user sent them.

8. cephalo2

cephalo2

I'm not sure there is a discrepancy, but if the data is correct, I may have to call some parents and warn them of the dangers of too much screen time. ;) It takes about half an hour to win the game.

impressions and game_over events seem to line up, but only when users are few at the end (see DAU graph). Maybe out of all those users I finally found a couple of fans.

impressions.png game_over.png DAU.png

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  9. cephalo2

cephalo2

Yesterday I had zero DAU and 8 impressions. I think that decides the question. The data rolls in about 2 days later than the basic DAU data, so that they are not in phase. Good to know.

You could probably learn more from it if the reporting respected the original timestamps.