Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Template for city/army building game?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TijsdB, Apr 17, 2024.

1. TijsdB

TijsdB

Hi all,

New to Unity and game development overall. I've been gathering info on how to make a game like "Forge of Empires" or "Grepolis" where one can build a city and expand to more cities, build an army, attack other players, join an alliance and work towards end game goals together etc. Doesn't have to look fancy, a screen where one can build static buildings and upgrade them, a world view map for interacting with other players and raid dungeons.
    Been looking at the templates in the Asset store for a couple of hours and haven't found one that does the city building AND attacking part. But there's so much in the store, it can be that I don't know the right search terms.
    Does anyone know of templates for a game like this?

P.s. I also read that these games are quite harder to make than they look, but please give an enthusiast a little space to dream ;-)

Cheers!

-