Search Unity

Telescopic crane in Cinemachine ?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Allan33, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Allan33

Allan33

Hi all - newbie here - I was wondering if anyone know how to add a telescopic camera crane to Cinemachine ? Thx - Allan

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Find (or make) a crane script that moves a camera around. Then, instead of moving the camera itself, move a Cinemachine Virtual Camera with DoNothing in Aim and Body.

3. Allan33

Allan33

Thx Gregoryl - Unfortunately Im not a script person at all - not yet anyway - can you point me to where I should look for a script like that ?

I am also in the process to make a script so I can receive the streaming data from the crane btw

There is a FBX of a TechnoDolly camera crane (The camera robot I use when I shoot film ) - What I really would like to have is a contstrained camera crane that can do the same as the real life crane - so when I move the Cinemachine camera the crane will stop when it have reached the end of the arm and so on. But that's just wishfull thinking for now.

Thx for answer very much appreciated

4. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

I built a (really naive) implementation of a telescoping crane in this project. It's called FKCrane. Feel free to steal if it's at all useful. ALL WARRANTEES ARE VOID! ;)

gaborkb and Gregoryl like this.
  5. Allan33

Allan33

Thx Marc - I have a look at it ! Cheers