Search Unity

Teleporting without motion controller

Discussion in 'VR' started by Plutonio17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Plutonio17

Plutonio17

Hi everybody,

I'm making a simple VR scene with a vertical ladder. I would like to teleport from one floor to the upper one when I'm in front of the ladder, by clicking one botton of the motion controller.
    I tried to use the teleport script as shown in this video:

I set the camera as "Player", put a cube, from which I want to teleport, in front of the ladder and set an empty game object as teleport position on the upper floor. I tried to run the scene but there I have a problem with the box collider of the cube, because it does not allow me to go inside the box from which I want to teleport.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
    Regards

Fabio

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

I would recommend looking at the MRTK from Microsoft, I think they have a teleporter script for XR in there. As far as teleporting I don't think you can move the camera directly, I think most people have an XR rig that they teleport which contains the camera and controller setups.

Also, Steam VR plugin has a teleporter script that you might be able to study to get the desired effect.
    https://unity3d.college/2017/07/18/...ity-game-with-the-steamvr-interaction-system/