Search Unity

Teleporting Editor window

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by PlaycorpStudios, Sep 9, 2020.

1. PlaycorpStudios

PlaycorpStudios

After working for weeks on an editor window I've suddenly started seeing a weird bug.
    If I click the left border of the window, it teleports offscreen to either x = float.min value or x = -32761
    If I click the top border of the window it snaps to the top of the screen
    Resizing the window no longer works
    If scripts reimport it will sometimes jump to a negative size. I couldn't reproduce this with logging of the sizes enabled however.
    When these things happen there is no way to close the window without doing it from script after detecting it happened or resetting the Editor layout to force it to close.

Has anyone else seen this weird behaviour?

2. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, is this only happening with your particular window? Could you maybe have a simple enough example that you could share with us, through a bug report if possible? That does not sound like something that should be happening and I don't think we have encountered it so far o_O

3. PlaycorpStudios

PlaycorpStudios

It actually disappeared after re-importing a model including it's materials. I haven't even been able to reproduce it at all.
    :confused:

4. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Well, it happens I guess :p

If you do run into it again, please report it through Help > Report a bug, it's probably something in the Editor itself and not UI Toolkit but someone should investigate it!

PlaycorpStudios likes this.