Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Teleporting and picking up objects

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by MikeLan, Dec 19, 2018.

1. MikeLan

MikeLan

Hi,
    I am new to VR development and have a question: I want to create a small VR Daydream game (genre: walking simulator) where the player can walk through a game scene and can pick up and observe game objects.
    After some research I found the Daydream Elements unity package. It is very cool - the package includes a teleport sample and a scene with object manipulation (https://developers.google.com/vr/elements/overview). The problem is that I was not able to combine the two features in one game scene in order to use them in my game (I tried out several approaches - without any positive results). So my question is: how can I set up the game controls that would allow both teleporting and selecting elements - are there any tutorials or guidelines available?
    All the best,
    M.

lagadecenzo likes this.
  2. scottstoll2017

scottstoll2017

Casey did a really nice job with his tutorial, linked below.

The thing you might be missing is that what happens when you click is in the script on each object. Your script on a teleport pad isn't going to do the same thing as the script on a stick you throw. When you click, it runs the script on the object you clicked.