Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Teleportation problem

Discussion in 'VR' started by Erreip, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Erreip

Erreip

Hello everyone !

I'm currently developping a prototype with a HP HMD (works on Windows Mixed Reality) and I work on Unity for it.
    I downloaded and played with the MRTK examples but now I moved to my own scene with my own models.
    My main scene is composed by a big complex 3D model (that contains 3d models) with a floor and everything but I can't figure how to make it teleport-compatible.

My camera is working fine with the HMD, controllers as well but when I'm aiming to teleport, the target appears at 0.0.0 and that's it ! No movement, nothing ! The only movement i've been able to get is the back movement but no moving forwards.

I also played with the boundary script to see if I could change the floor it makes appearing to my 3D scene but no... and if i don't render the boundary's floor I cannot move by aiming my own floor

If anyone got an idea !
    Thx a lot !

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. ivan20071

ivan20071

Hi,
    you must take a look at BoundaryManager component of Boundary game object.
    Floor Quad is the quad prefab to display as the flloor.
    Make a prefab of your flloor and assign it to 'Floor quad'.
    Ivan

3. Erreip

Erreip

Hello Ivan,

Thx for your answer, I tried that but I think it actually come from the controller.
    Because when I point and use the joystick up, the teleportation target appears at 0.0.0 but don't move with the ray that my controller is supposed to summon, but when i move the joystick down, the movement is working.

4. ivan20071

ivan20071

Hi Erreip,
    check if your floor has a collider
    Ivan

Erreip likes this.
  5. Erreip

Erreip

Thank you Ivan !!!