Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Technical Problem - Unity Answers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by UnityMaru, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hello everyone,

We're aware that for the last few days, users comments within Unity Answers have not been appearing as normal. An issue with the system has caused any comments posted over a week ago to not appear.

This does not seem to be the case for comments posted as of now and up to a week ago, as those comments appear as normal.

We're working with our supplier to fix this. Thank you to those who have let me know and I appreciate your patience while we get this resolved.

I'll post any updates as I get them.

2. Hellium

Hellium

All the comments posted before Jul 08 at 07:40 PM UTC are not visible anymore.

The following link will show you few comments I have posted. One has been posted Jul 08 at 07:44 PM (visible), the previous one has been posted Jul 08 at 06:20 AM and is not visible.

answers.unity.com/users/445540/userComments.html?commentsPage=32&commentsPageSize=5&t=1563356314520

(Could not post the full URL, copy-paste the link above in your browser)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    UnityMaru likes this.
  3. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Thank you! Yeah, I did advise this in my original post but your timestamp at least helps me identify at what point on the 8th July that this happened :)

4. Wasplay

Wasplay

Any workaround to see old comments ? :/

5. Glurth

Glurth

@Wasplay: alas, only your own comments that have disappeared (not terribly useful I know)... open it up to edit the comment, remove the final carriage return at the end, and save it.

6. Wolfram

Wolfram

Yes, you can click the cogwheel next to a comment and select "See revisions". But I'm not sure how much reputation you need to see that option.

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Gosh, good find!

The third party provider are still looking into this so I don't have any updates I'm afraid. Be assured that I am looking into this with the most absolute urgency. Thank you for staying patient <3

8. rcFMS

rcFMS

I'm not sure how this is implemenented in the back-end but if editing a comment and deleting the last carriage return makes the comment visible again, would it not be possible to have a script run over the entire database to do this for all comments?

This would probably give all comments an unwanted "edited last" note but imo this would be better than having no comments at all for this long. And maybe this state can be reset once they figure out what caused the problem in the first place by rolling back these comments to the old version?

9. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Great suggestions! I have these noted down for when I next chat with them. Thankfully, they are still looking into this with a great amount of urgency so please don't think this is being ignored.

Again, I appreciate you all being super patient about this.

Mauri likes this.
  10. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Hello!

Just an update to say that I believe a fix has now been deployed. Thank you for your patience with this. If you do happen to see this issue again, or other weird abnormalities with Unity Answers, please don't hesitate to contact me.

sewy, Baste and Hellium like this.
  11. unnanego

unnanego

I have posted about the problem months ago and still no answer, so I'll try here - for years I'm unable to use answers - I'm logged in (I'm posting this, obviously), but answers keep telling me that I'm not logged in. If I press login - it takes me to my profile, but nothing changes.

12. Antypodish

Antypodish

@unnanego simple answer is, don't use answer, to create new posts.
    Number of users called, to close answers for new posts and archive it. Just leave it for reading.
    Forum is more suitable for such range of technical aspect as game dev.

unnanego likes this.
  13. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Hey there, could you please raise a support ticket on this issue so we can take a look at this for you? Please include screenshots and your Answers username and we can go from there.

The support ticket form can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.