Search Unity

Technical Problem: I cannot build for WebGL

Discussion in 'Web' started by Matrix5358, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Matrix5358

Matrix5358

Hi,

I am using windows environment.
    When I select to build for WebGL, select the folder and subfolder. Unity starts the process but when it finishes, the folder is empty. I am unable to finish projects which have as a requirement that I submit a WebGL build.

I paused my antivirus program to see if that was the cause but get the same results.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Veronica Chiaravalli

2. Shack_Man

Shack_Man

I'm often getting trouble when building for webGL. Sometimes it's antivirus, sometimes it's a missing reference in the scene. Add an empty scene to your project and build a version with only that scene. If that works keep adding stuff incrementally and make a new build each time until it fails.
    Probably a very inefficient way to debug, but the output from the console when a build fails has never helped me to trace the error.

3. Billy4184

Billy4184

Are you getting any errors in the console?

4. Matrix5358

Matrix5358

Hi,
    I am having problems with this no matter which project I am working on. I just cannot create the build for WebGL.

5. OneManArmy3D

OneManArmy3D

You MUST have errors in console. Nobody here can help you without seeing errors.

6. Juraj99

Juraj99

There is no error in the console so I have the same problem when I want to create a set. I'm going through a file - setup sets - to compile (here starts loading something, but when it is completed so nothing will be created will remain a blank folder)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  7. OneManArmy3D

OneManArmy3D

"file - setup sets - to compile"?
    File => Build Settings => Build