Search Unity

Teasing the Crowds ;-)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jashan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. jashan

jashan

I'd just like to mention that I might have to rename TRaceON to "Snake meets Spiderman" because of Level 03 - The Cube.

Nuff said ;-) ... of course, I won't ...

2. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider

How about UniTron? :? :?:

3. jashan

jashan

To be honest, I don't really like Unitron, even though the name is pretty cool...

I just find it truly amazing: You create "one little feature", and suddenly a whole new Universe of possibilities opens up ;-)

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

I once started a Tron lightcycle clone that took place on the inside of a torus. I really like the idea of a lightcycle game taking place on interesting topologies and I'm surprised it hasn't been fleshed out in to a full game by someone yet.

5. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

not to thread hijack, but... for a lightcycle game that relies on interesting level design (like the inside of a torus) that the killer feature would be a level editor for user generated content. If it was exceptionally flexible, you could end up with such a wide variety of games that it would really be interesting...

6. jashan

jashan

Hm... I hadn't considered that, yet.. but... it sounds like an interesting option ... I'll probably not have time to write a full-blown level editor of my own ... but ... Unity + Cheetah3D is probably the best level editor you could ever get ;-)

I'll definitely meditate upon this 8)

A torus sounds very cool, but it wouldn't work in TRaceON because I very much rely on the "rectangular nature" of the original snake / lightcycle etc. concept (that's one reason why I have some levels that go by names like The Square, Plus Ceiling or The Cube). But jumps can now land on any platform "below" the vehicle, and "below" could be any direction as long as it aligns with the x-, y- or z-axis.

I could probably - without too much effort - even do very crazy stuff like having some collider "up in the air", and when someone jumps to hit the collider, it could do "up up" (which is technically 2 times 90° around local x) making the vehicle land on what one would usually consider "the ceiling". As my game design includes "multiple vehicles with different properties", I might even have some "thing" that allows the player to do "up" (= rotate 90° along local X) or other turns while in the air. Keep in mind you only get one jump per collected jump power-up (to keep at least a little balance)...

I've just played around with this a little bit, and it's really crazy (and) fun!

So if it's true that no one really ever did this, TRaceON might in the end turn out to be the first *true* 3D Snake+ ... cool!

... I guess I'll only have to take serious care that no one sues me because they fall off their chair while playing ;-)

7. Lallander

Lallander

I've got the perfect name for it. UniCycle :D

8. jashan

jashan

;-)

Cycle in the name won't work. Cycles are just the vehicles until one has completed all levels a few times (you get a new vehicle each time you "end the game", and the first few will indeed be "cycles"; there will be 12 different vehicles some day, not sure if those will make it into 1.0, though).

After all, it's JC's Unity Multiplayer TRaceON, muahaha :twisted: