Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Teammate changes marked, but I'm this guy !

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Rafarel, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

Hello there, I'm using preview-17 2.0.0 and I have some weird behaviors from Collab.
    I will add a screenshot because it will be easier to explain the issue encountered by one of my teammate.

My teammate username is crouz but in the project view, he had a message telling him that crouz (himself) have unpublished changes. Is it a normal behavior ?

Here is the screenshot of crouz's project view :

Collab_unpublish_same_user.jpg

2. Rafarel

Rafarel

It is a bit difficult to explain the issue hope my post is clear :)

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi again, I think I understand your issue just fine. You have a teammate who sees that someone is editing a prefab but sees that it's them. That is confusing and not expected behavior.

What you're seeing is our in-progress feature where you can be notified (via the orange icon) if someone on your team is working on a scene or prefab (currently only those two assets are supported). That way it can help you better manage upcoming merges by knowing who on your team has pending changes on an asset that you might be working on too.

If your teammate is seeing their own name then it's possible that they have the project on two machines, where they have uncommitted changes on one machine but not on the other. If they don't then the unfamiliar pending changes can be easily deleted by going to the Dashboard, expanding the Collaborate tab and clicking on In-Progress. From here you can remove any in-progress notifications that don't look familiar. They should be cleared for everyone within a few minutes after they're deleted.

4. Rafarel

Rafarel

My teammate had just backed up the project by copy paste it on the same machine / HDD does it count?
    I didn't know the "in progress" tab, it is empty now, but I can't check my teammate computer now he should sleep now ^^

Thanks!

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Yes, it'll also count if they have multiple copies of the same project on the same machine. If they undo those changes on their backup then the notification will also disappear. But of course, wait until he wakes up to ask him to do that. :)

Rafarel likes this.