Search Unity

Team Maker for Android

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Whiplash, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Whiplash

Whiplash

So I had this revelation the other night when we were hardcore gaming.. Infact, I was playing Fifa 12 with some of my mates, and as always we were having difficualties dividing ourselves into (fair) teams. So, I picked up a laptop and made this really (!) simple program, to make two teams, with up to seven players.

There were a lot of bugs, of course, and it had no graphical user interface, other than the standard text fields. I didn't think about it much, but one day a few weeks later, playing Fifa (again -.-) another friend of mine, who hadn't seen the program before, suggested I make an Android version of it, so it could be easily used when playing soccer, or any other team sport. So that's what I did, and I'm very pleased with the results, nice animations, easy to use, stores a permanent list of names, supports an infinite amount of players and just generally does what it's supposed to, all thanks to Unity!

I just wanted to share this with you, because I know there are a lot of you out there who do play team sports, and I think this could be a really useful tool for you. You can find it on the Android Market for free under the title "Team Maker", by Tarjei Skjærset.

And please give me some feedback of what you think! :)

$Screenshot1.png

And did I mention, I'm 16?

2. _Petroz

_Petroz

It's not entirely clear what you mean by 'fair' teams. Without some way to quantify the skill level of each participant it seems the best you could do is generate random teams.

Anyways, congratulations on making the app. It's a simple idea and sometimes those are the best kind.

3. Whiplash

Whiplash

Yeah, I meant random, but adding a skill wouldn't be too dumb...