Search Unity

TBABuilder - An open source Unity template for easily creating text-based adventures!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by popcar2, Oct 5, 2020.

1. popcar2

popcar2

Check out the Github page here!

Hey everyone! This started off as a simple project quickly grew to be my own take on a text based adventure creator with one goal: simplicity first. While most other text based adventure creators are difficult and often require you to code, build your own systems, or connect everything into a giant bowl of spaghetti, TBABuilder does the heavy lifting so you can just focus on making your story.

Being in Unity also comes with its perks. It's open source and very easy to modify since you're also using the same tool it was made in. You can easily add effects, filters, change the font, and maybe even add some graphics. The code might be a little spaghetti since I'm relatively new to Unity myself, but all feedback is welcome.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    starfoxy and StevenPicard like this.
  2. starfoxy

starfoxy

Hey this is really cool and I have been playing with it. I get a warning in my console on importing the package:

Serialization depth limit 10 exceeded at 'CurrentVarsToChange.targetRoom'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

Any ideas why this would be? Thank you for sharing this!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021