Search Unity

Target minimum iOS version not working after set to 9.0 (iOS 9.3.5)

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by nobluff67, Jun 16, 2019.

1. nobluff67

nobluff67

Hi,

I am building my app without any errors, I have built both development and App Store versions. I have set the target minimum iOS version to 9.0 in the player settings.

I have tested on new iOS device, iPad and iPhone, they work without any issues. I have tested on older iPad and iPhone and am getting a blank screen after the game launches. This is only with the development version that is installed via cloud build install feature. The iso Store version that I am testing via TestFlight, tells me that the app doesn't meet the minimum requirements, when I attempt to install via TestFlight.

Does Api Compatibility Level have anything to do with this? Currently set to .Net Standard 2.0.

Can anyone help me with this?

2. nobluff67

nobluff67

Changing Api Compatibility Level did not help, I am still stuck.

3. nobluff67

nobluff67

I think its something to do with Xcode, trying a different version now.

4. nobluff67

nobluff67

5. nobluff67

nobluff67

This was 100% the issue. Now fixed and running on older iOS devices, however ....

It was really a waste of time, my old iPhone 5 or 5c (iOs 10.3.3), was really slow and will definitely lead to bad reviews on performance alone. The same can be said of my old ipad 2 (9.3.5).

In conclusion I am adding metal back and am upping my minimum version of ios to 12.

I hope my frustration helps someone.