Search Unity

Tap.Me announces Unity3D Package to easily integrate their monetization plug in

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TapMeJared, Sep 29, 2011.

1. TapMeJared

TapMeJared

Hi everyone, I am pretty excited about this because I really love using Unity for game development. FYI, my studio Tap.Me started as mobile game developers and found a solution to the crappy ads we were being forced to put in our games.

TAP.ME! ANNOUNCES PACKAGE TO SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATE THEIR GROUND BREAKING MONETIZATION PLATFORM INTO UNITY3D MOBILE GAMES

Startup Redefines In-Game Monetization with a Package to Easily Integrate an Advertising Platform with a Click of the Mouse into Unity3D Mobile Games

Unity3D’s UNITE 2011 San Francisco, CA, September 29, 2011– Tap.Me! today unveiled they are building the industry’s first in-game advertising platform to integrate into Unity3D projects by simply clicking on a Unity package. Unity3D is a powerful software engine that allows game developers to create stunning video games and export them to many of the existing gaming platforms available on the market.

Tap.Me! has been approached by many mobile developers that prefer to use Unity3D and are used to the software’s straightforward approach for adding plugins to their projects. This plugin will allow Unity3D (Android and iOS) developers to download a Tap.Me! Unity3D package and simply import it into their project without having to worry if their project will build correctly.

Currently the Unity3D Tap.Me! package is in closed beta and being tested in existing mobile games. Tap.Me! Director of Business Development Jared Steffes, has been leading the project; “Tap.Me! knows that many developers put monetization efforts from advertising at the end of the production cycle. Tap.Me! creates a more engaging and accepted way for advertising to become a fun part of game play which is why we needed to create a plugin that allows Unity3D developers to think about monetization from a design point, early in the development cycle.”

Unity3D is consistently updating their engine and many developers count on the extensive development community for plugins to make outside services like OpenFeint and Game Center function properly. Tap.Me! has researched the best way to make sure their package is compatible with the top packages available on Unity3D’s Asset Store. In regard to updates, Jared said, “Tap.Me!’s goal is to create the easiest experience for Unity3D developers and we will continue to update our platform along side the Unity3D plugin to provide the best functionality for them.”

Tap.Me! expects to have the package available for all iOS and Android developers to download by end of November 2011.

Developers interested in being part of the Unity3D Tap.Me! package closed beta can email support@tap.me

About Tap.Me!
    Based in Chicago, IL, Tap.Me! is a startup focused on reinventing the in-game advertising space with the introduction of the industry’s first in-game monetization platform. Founded in 2009, Tap.Me! is channeling the founding team’s game development roots and experience in advertising to build and offer a set of products that will disrupt how advertising has traditionally been applied, in both video games and in mobile game apps. For more information, interested parties may visit www.tap.me.

Thanks!