Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Tanks Multiplayer - complete networking project [UNET]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baroni, Jun 11, 2016.

?

Which networking solution would you like to use with this asset?

1. Unity Networking

102 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. Photon Networking

68 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Other

15 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. strogow

strogow

Hi, and how to make the camera rotate around the tank ?

2. Baroni

Baroni

@strogow Please register on our dedicated website forum for asset support. Make sure to specify your question a bit more.

3. airop

airop

Hi, is it please possible to add a friend list to this demo?

4. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @airop, if you plan on using Photon, I would recommend using their Friends feature. It depends on what your exact recommendations are, but you could save the friends IDs locally and use them for matchmaking, for example. The implementation depends on your programming knowledge of course.

5. cryptexslayer

cryptexslayer

I was about to purchase to see how lag compensation was handled but I see it wasn't really, shooting a bullet while moving spawns it way behind your turret at a previous position and other people are constantly freezing and jittering across the screen, also when returning to menu from a game it shows the connection error UI. I guess its more of an asset for first timers at networking, glad you offered a web player version to test though, I'm sure this asset would be helpful to plenty.

6. wrjh29741489

wrjh29741489

혹시 이 에셋을 상업적용도로 사용해도 되나요?

7. wrjh29741489

wrjh29741489

Can I use this Asset for commercial use?

8. Baroni

Baroni

Yes. Please see this article and the official Asset Store EULA.

9. wrjh29741489

wrjh29741489

10. wrjh29741489

wrjh29741489

11. Baroni

Baroni

12. wrjh29741489

wrjh29741489

I imported the Asset, downloaded the port tones, and performed WIndow- Tank MultiPlayer-Network Setup - Photon Network Setup, but three errors occurred

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.lightweight@5.13.0\Editor\ShaderGraph\LightUnlitSubShader.cs(370,47): error CS7036: There is no object given that parameter.

An error occured wile resolving packages:
    Package com.unity.render-pipelines.lightweight@5.13.0 has invalid stresses:
    Come.unity.render-pipelines.core: Version [5.13.0] is compatible with the selected version [6.9.0]
    Come.Version [5.13.0] is available with the selected version [6.9.0]

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of G:/4/FD/Packages/manifest.json file.

So three.

How do?

13. Baroni

Baroni

14. Claudiotheworm

Claudiotheworm

Hi Rebound Games. Any idea how i would go about adding a jump in the Player script?

15. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @Claudiotheworm, please use our forum for support. We're keeping all topics about bugs, issues and solutions there.

16. redaEL

redaEL

I'm interested to buy this asset .. but i need to know what happen if my game doesn't have enough online players ... its automatically switch to offline mode ??

17. Baroni

Baroni

@redaEL Thanks for your interest. There's no "not enough players" in the current networking workflow. If there are no other players (rooms), the player will open a new room to play in. In that room he/she can wait for other players to join.

An online room does not switch to offline or vice versa automatically. You can select the play mode in the settings menu beforehand which is then used for the connection. If you want to switch between modes on the fly you might want to look into creating an online lobby first and start an offline scene while waiting.

18. K-z3

K-z3

Hi @Baroni do you guys have a discord server? It would be great to add a Discord Server for supporting your products. As it would be easier for the community of users to help each other out as well in real-time. Just a thought. Either way I am looking forward to purchase your Tank Multiplayer Kit soon and begin working on something with it. Thank you for an awesome game kit.

19. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @jonmalave_, real-time support (e.g. on a Discord server) but also via TeamViewer sessions or similar methods is not something we are planning to do, due to the high effort and availablility needed to really make this work. Often very basic questions would be asked back and forth, instead of reading our (already comprehensive) documentation prior to that. Our dedicated support forum allows for self-registration of valid customers and even allows sharing code. This is the place for sharing guides, common knowledge and problems including solutions.

K-z3 likes this.
  20. toddkc

toddkc

Hi @Baroni ! I cannot seem to find the setting or code that changes the mouse cursor to the crosshair. Could you (or anyone) point me in the correct direction? I've looked through a lot of project settings and searched through the whole visual studio solution and it seems to be eluding me :)
    Thanks!

21. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @toddkc, I do not answer support questions here because the chance is high that they get asked over and over again. Please use the support forum on my website.

22. bboysil

bboysil

Hi, is this using PUN or PUN2 ?
    Also, I assume everything works with unity 2019.4 LTS. Am I correct?

23. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @bboysil, PUN2 and yes, no issues were reported using Unity 2019.4.

24. toddkc

toddkc

Can confirm this works great with 2019.4 LTS.

25. bboysil

bboysil

Can PUN and mirror be used at the same time?
    i.e. run one game over PUN and after the game is finished (even closed) start the next one over mirror?

26. toddkc

toddkc

Yes, but not without you doing the coding to set that up. And I can't really imagine why you would want to do that?

unityunity