Search Unity

Tank Attack (WIP)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by 3d techno, Apr 19, 2012.

?

What art style do you think would work best for this game

1. Realistic Afghanistan style environment and tanks

40.0%
  2. Comical cartoon style environment and tanks

60.0%
  1. 3d techno

3d techno

Tank Attack is a top down shooter being developed for web-player, pc download and android. The first version will be a single player wave survival, the goal is to survive as long as you can, keep repaired and keep your ammo full. after we have the wave survival based game mode up we will start work on the defender game mode. defender game mode is a mix between top down shooter and a tower defense where you have to defend your base and you have the function of deploying turrets to help you defend.

your tank will be the famous M1 Abrams. The enemies would have 3 types of tanks and a bomb car (for every top down shooter has that little annoying character that has to run into you and explode)

scene: the game would mostly take place in Afghanistan scenery.

we currently need a GUI artist to help us out, a network developer for multiplayer and someone with programming knowledge for android development. if you are interested please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

webplayers get a better response

3. 3d techno

3d techno

I'm having some trouble with it, it doesn't want to upload

4. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

please post screens. is it like the tank game on the NES?

5. 3d techno

3d techno

here's a screenshot of the game scene... all the models are just place holders at the moment

Attached Files:

6. Marrt

Marrt

i like top down shooters a lot, cant download your package while im in office (dropbox is blocked).

What always bugged me about tanks is that they cant strafe right away, you have to rotate the chassis in the right direction to do so. Takes a lot of controllability off the players Vehicle. this is why i changed to flying gunships in my game.

but if the right prepositioning of your chassis in order to be able to avoid enemy bullets is a tactical aspect you are aiming for, ok.

How do you handle range? real life tanks have normal attack ranges of ++1500 meters, with top down shooters you are very limited in far sight.
    -if it isnt already on your list you should at least consider using the middle between reticle and tank as camera center (like soldat.pl does it since v1.1). the game 'Space Pirates And Zombies' always keeps the ship at the center of the screen which limits their range greatly - that made me sick, always having to look at the very edge of the screen. Also they had to design most of their guns to shot only the half of the screen height, yes HEIGHT.

7. 3d techno

3d techno

thanks!! thats a great idea... i'll put it on the "To do" list :)

8. 3d techno

3d techno

uploaded the video for the lazy people who don't want to download and install :)

9. 3d techno

3d techno

The game has been updated in a few ways:
    -GUI that slowed the game down was taken off
    -Enemy tanks use AI to Attack
    -Borders have been added
    -Terrain has been improved

We are almost done with the path finding.
    ... download link at the top. we still need modeler

10. Bernardjames

Bernardjames

Will females in the Cichlid tank help with aggrshion in the males?
    I have 4 cichlids in my tank with 2 tank bosses one on each side of the tank ( 55gal) they wip the others all day long when they come out of hiding. will females help detract them and get everyone swimming around the tank inst ed of guarding one spot?

11. 3d techno

3d techno

Path finding in play!

Attached Files:

12. 3d techno

3d techno

Update!