Search Unity

Tamper

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chippy-cheese, Jan 26, 2014.

1. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Game Name: Tamper

Basic idea:
    The player is challenged to complete the levels with the least amount of resources possible. The player will explore a tower of interesting sections after a structure failure. He or she will complete each chamber that contains a set of random objects, ranging between simple crates on the ground to buttons that do several actions.

Play the game
    Window's Download
    Mac's Download

Few Screenshots
    $office1.jpg
    $lobby_Area3.jpg
    $level.jpg

Demo of gameplay

Care to watch development?
    I sometimes stream development on twitch

I am just reaching out to see what people think of this project. PM or tell me your comments below.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. Foestar

Foestar

derp, I totally just wrote some stuff and instead of posting hit reply to thread which erased what I wrote. lawls!

So I found it was really dark, but this is fine if it's what you are going for. Next I like the map layouts, despite being super linear at some points. I'm assuming your levels are based on a checkpoint style load as there were times when I was moving and it cut out my controls as if going to another scene when I reached a certain point. Also noted that during the 2nd level (i'm assuming was second based off the scene change) the model graphics/textures cut out and I was faced with bland un-textured models. Then right after that when I went to the med bay level I fell out by backing up at the start where there was no wall.

So may need to add in a way of returning to previous state rather than starting all over from the beginning. Easy enough to do. This is just the things I noticed when I played. Good work thus far and keep at it.

3. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

@Foestar I found most of the things you said I have been working on to fix OR not sure how to fix the level is meant to be dark. The control cut out is dew to changing scene. I am going to have a quick load banner for such. The cut out of an issue with occlusion I believe I have fixed. As with the last part if the door is there then there must have been a weird error. Thanks for all the help/advice.

Update:

I have mostly working on graphics so i hope you guys enjoy some screenshots.

$crates.jpg
    $plants.jpg
    $plants2.jpg
    $wall_Texture.jpg

4. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

A few more screenshots of artwork update:
    I also completed most of the main menu actions.
    A few last things to put in other then real textures
    $main_Menu.jpg
    $random_Screen.jpg

5. Foestar

Foestar

Very nice work. I like it so far. Keep piecing it together and you'll have yourself a nice game. ^_^

6. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Few screenshots of texturing and model updates i have been working with
    $WIP_Walls.jpg
    $hand_WIP.jpg

7. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Here are a few screen shots of 2 areas.
    I created a lot of areas with different types of walls instead of being flat all the time.
    Also I created a pause menu that allows the player to change the mouse sensitivity.
    $pause_Menu.jpg $update_Look.jpg $update_Look2.jpg

8. Foestar

Foestar

Good work, great additions. Keep going.

9. TheGraficalOne

TheGraficalOne

I just fell through the floor in level 4, I think.:confused: Other than that, this turned out to be a surprisingly engaging demo you have here. Keep up the good work!

10. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

I have been working on trying to fix a crate script this one looks quite promising compared to the old one with many bugs in it. Also been working on some graphic update with the characters gun and hand.

Attached Files:

11. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

So lately I haven't been in really in any other program then Photoshop texturing but here a quick update on some looks and a few other things. Quick screen shot of just a few textured update models.
    $texturing.jpg

12. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Here are a few links for the people here to try my game. I have been working on for over 9 months and still has a long ways to go. It quite a long game currently as it stands please comment or e-mail at dillonjdick@gmail.com.

13. Martin-Duarte

Martin-Duarte

I really like your game!
    The art style is very simple, yet so nice and fitting.
    Also, the puzzles are pretty elaborate for such an early development time.
    I am very interested in this, keep up the awesome work!

PS: I tried contacting you, pls respond ;-;