Search Unity

Tamper: a game about resources.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chippy-cheese, May 1, 2013.

?

If the game was long(6hr+) would you want to buy it for $5-$10

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Hello, I created a game called 3D puzzle game called Tamper for a contest.

The game basically has to deal with using your resources. As it stands there playing with my friends just watching them they seem to take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours playing the game. Video feedback is one of the best way to improve a game so if you can give me a reaction video to your experience.
    I have already fixed a number of small things in the game ranging from your now able to look down quite a bit to not having the gun/knife go through the wall and working on the rotation of the crates. I am still working on a number of other issues.

Give me a comment after you had a chance to play or right now if you wish.
    I hope that, I can improve it to be a very long game of almost 100 level long with a good story line.

Tech Demo Game Link

These are a list of bugs in the demo but will be fixed in the final product.
    Bug List
    Magical cube jumping.
    Cube going through wall.
    Audio playing twice.
    Left shift on gun only.
    Knife and gun going through walls
    Not able to look straight down or up
    Planks fall through ground randomly
    Seeing through points in walls

Photos:
    $screenshot1.jpg
    $screenshot2.jpg
    $screenshot3.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Starting to rework the entire idea of the game.
    I am currently using a grid system for most of the placement of the current props but the game will be required.
    The game will look quite different as the story line is now about a robot designing the puzzle become self aware during some of the test.
    $rework.jpg
    $rework2.jpg

3. runner

runner

Never mind that , haha/

played the game download version, got stuck at the door where i presume you cut the rope wrapped around the door handles. using ( Left-Cntrl ) key. so stuck! sorta expected what i saw in the screen shots. . bummer.

4. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Well I can't give the answers away to all the puzzles. I hope you enjoyed it. The way the rope was cut just seem to look better then the real solution ha ha.

5. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

I get that it looks like portal a lot probably that valve fan inside you. Worst part is I didn't think about that until one of my friends mention that to me but hey it's not a bad look for now.

6. LeHaine_

LeHaine_

I fell :(

Attached Files:

7. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Not sure how to did that. hit TAB! On another note here is am image of the first ten levels all just pure buttons, boxes, and JUMP!. Hope to be posting more soon.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  8. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Got another 10 levels and starting to rework on some artwork.

Here is a glimpse of a completely new level not show in tech demo
    $sed.png

9. Bobo70z

Bobo70z

This Is Great.

10. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

I made another five levels built! (removed broken link)

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Had a lot of fun glitching your game to hell and back. However, I found two game breaking bugs. You can jump up steep slopes while moving backwards. The second is you can jump on cubes and launch yourself, if the cube is pressed up against a wall. Hope this helps! Here are my times!

(Me messing around with various glitches. Primarily the two I mentioned.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  12. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

yeah you understand there are a lot of bugs in the tech demo. It's not a final product so I hope you learned other ways solve the puzzle because I have a feeling you glitched through level 25.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

I understand that fact. I just thought I'd mention them if it hasn't been brought up before. As for the game though, I do have it bookmarked and I do plan to go through it again and actually solve the puzzles. I got good enough at the cube glitching I was able to carry the cubes between many of the levels. Its a great game at heart. Great job!

14. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm aware of most of the bugs. That one is still really annoying trying to figure out how to fix it. Also you can sometimes you can get your cube all the way through the wall. Thanks for the feedback, always nice to hear bugs i might of missed even if i heard them 1000 times before. I should put a current bug list at the top of known bugs in the game still needing to be fixed.

15. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

here a screenshot of getting back some some test levels that can be solved a few different away.

$tampershot.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  16. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Got another 10 completely new gun levels done.
    Here is a picture of the latest test chamber

$show2.png

17. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Here is a look what the game pieces we might be going for. This is isn't much but a long road ahead for this game.
    $heavzlightdiffuseonlz.jpg

18. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

So here are some images as we continue to be working on tamper;

The level design kind of goes through the ages from early caveman and continues on to Rome and move on to the American revolution and all the way up to the now and maybe do "future" tech,

This one is of some of the very first levels. Please note the team hasn't added things to it like stalactites, rocks, stick weapons, random other stuff. but rather the basic layout.
    $cave_Start.jpg
    This next photo is a "through the ages" from one level. The first part is what I as the programmer and designer used to test the game idea. The second is the level design to make sure there wasn't any bugs in the level. Finally we have the basic layout of the scene not filled with anything special yet.
    $throughtheages.jpg

Finally for a mod. I noticed my poll didn't have the 3 options that I thought I wanted. I wanted to have "yes" ,"no",and "maybe" but I didn't find any place to to change it on the forum. Could you change it please?

19. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

So, here another update on where the team are at in this game. Sense it's been a while.

BUG FIX
    Currently I have solved the weird cube glitches where you could go what I called cube surfing.

Game Design
    Secondly I have finished the game play design of level 60. With a max count of 19 resources.

$level50design.jpg

Graphics
    And for you other people out there that care about the look of a game here a few start of some levels.
    Now these levels are now Egyptian and Greek in nature of a look.
    Remember that these rooms are still not decorated up at all.

$egyptd1.jpg
    $greeklevel.jpg

20. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

Here are some images of the tools used during the game.
    $pistol_and_Machete.jpg

21. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

If everything was less bland, had image effects and shadows it'd look awesome. Also textures tend to blend in several levels.

22. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

@kheltonHeadley are you talking about the levels or are you talking about the weapons above. If you talking about the levels I completely understand what your saying. They are still long works in progress levels are. Art takes a long til it's at it's peak. I have plans to add in decorations like the following images. Also sadly to do lighting free is terrible, which we are using currently, once upgraded to pro. I'm sure things will look a lot less bland.
    $props.jpg

23. DrunkGamer

DrunkGamer

I like it, it looks awesome. But i got bored pretty quickly. What about making the first levels a bit harder? (not the introduction ones I'm talking about the ones that come later). And, is there going to be any fighting moment? I mean, will the player need to fight a monster or something some levels later?

24. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

@drunkgamer Yeah the first like 15 level/chambers very introduction levels. The level 9 and 10 are like somewhat difficulty. The first hard puzzle is around level 25. Now remember that this game might be consider easy to beat certain levels but there are ways to get through most level with way less then required resources. In the demo it's level 5 there but level 9 in the final. I give the player 5 resources to beat it with. However you can be it with only 3. Now there is also a total of 4 ways to get through each level. Each resource will also affect other things in the game later on by using or not using it. Granted it won't cause a player to suffer but rather change each experience so if you take X path. You might have say train you see in a later part of the museum instead of factory loom. Random idea examples there. As for fight a monster I don't believe it will happen as this is a museum and most things are dead except that giant Venus Fly Trap.