Search Unity

Talentus - Talent/Skill Trees

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cygnusprojects, Jan 24, 2018.

1. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi @dasbin, thanks for reaching out. Give me some time to check out your request and I'll be back to you if it's something that can be easily done or if it's requiring a change in the framework (and makes a new feature in an upcoming update).

dasbin likes this.
  2. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

You can see Talentus Pro in action in Igniting Spark Games space shooter action game Cookie Invaders.

3. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi all,

On the fence for buying Talentus Pro? Do not hesitate longer as it is currently 30% off till the end of this year!

4. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Happy New Year to all!

Last change to grab Talentus Pro with 30% discount as the sale end tomorrow January 7th!

5. Jakuri_F

Jakuri_F

Hi there,
    Does this asset support multiple characters? In my game user could switch frequently between characters to use their own skills.
    I have a skill bar, is this asset easy to expand so I can add a drag & drop function?

Sorry for my poor English, if you don't get it, please consider refer to Divinity: Original Sin II.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  6. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi @Jakuri_F,

Thanks your for your interest in Talentus Pro. There is no limitation on how many skill trees and engines you have in your scene. In case all characters do have the same skill tree it is sufficient to reload the skills based upon those unlocked by you active character. On the other hand if you have very specific skill trees for each character and not use any common skills you can create skill tree for each character and the corresponding engine on each character. In the latter approach though you will have a lot of work in matching up you UI (switching out and back in etc).
    Note that all code (even UI) is fully customizable within the asset, of course some programming knowledge is needed to make it suitable for your specific game if you want to deviate from the standard code. But in your user case I don't see the need for you to even have to adapt the Talentus code to make this work.

Jakuri_F likes this.
  7. Jakuri_F

Jakuri_F

Hi @cygnusprojects ,
    I bought Talentus Pro and I really like it. However, I already built a database to store each character's skills and their level & availably. Is it possible to load data from this database?

8. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi @Jakuri_F,
    The database will need to be translated to the format of Talentus to get the validator working. This seems very specific to your workflow though. What kind of database are we talking about?

9. Jakuri_F

Jakuri_F

I use GameDataEditor, I just store the skill info into a Vector3: x=skill_id y=unlocked z=level, and each character has a list of that kind of Vector3.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  10. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

I expect you want those to be translated into an actual skill tree? If that is the case you'll missing a lot of data that the system needs to work properly. Maybe best to contact me using the support mail as specified in the documentation so I can guide you with the best approach to follow. Thanks.

11. Jakuri_F

Jakuri_F

I got it, thank you. I will try to use the Talentus engine's original data instead.

cygnusprojects likes this.
  12. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Don't hesitate to contact me through my support mail in case you need help.

unityunity