Search Unity

Taking requests for sound effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MonsterfishGames, Jan 19, 2015.

1. MonsterfishGames

MonsterfishGames

Hi there!

I'm currently working on a SFX library for both general and more specific use. The library was born as part of a personal game project I'm working on, and as of today it consists of more than 2300 high quality sounds spanning everything from weather and elements to weapons and footsteps.
    The plan is to eventually sell this library as one or more packages in the Asset Store.

The goal is to offer a rather extensive collection of sounds, and in that respect I would need some input from the community.

1. What kind of SFX is needed out there?
    2. What do you find lacking in existing SFX packages?
    3. Do you find one big general package (expensive) best, or smaller and more specific (cheaper)? Or both options, perhaps?

I appreciate all the tips and input I can get!

Cheers!

(PS: Sadly, for the time being I can't offer much in the way of animal sounds (apart from dogs)).

2. imtrobin

imtrobin

Spells, character voices.

MonsterfishGames likes this.
  3. MonsterfishGames

MonsterfishGames

The thing about character voices is that it's problematic to make a generic fit-for-all package. Voice acting must normally be made specially for the project in question. This applies even for simple command-style voices, as the developer would have to tailor the game to fit the voices rather than the other way around.

But request is duly noted, and I will consider making some voice commands suited for different genres :) (I guess it's good for blocking out a game in early development).