Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Taking Good Screenshots in a VR Game

Discussion in 'VR' started by TzuriTeshuba, Nov 29, 2022.

1. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

Hi, when I use ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot(), i seem to get a screen shot from the perspective of my right or left eye, but I would like it to be centered. Is there a way to do this? Also I notice that plenty of what I see in the HMD seems to be cutout, is there a way to preserve the whole image? I use an Oculus Quest 2 device with OpenXR and the XR Interaction Toolkit if that matters. Thanks in advance!

2. Gozum

Gozum

Why don't you use built-in Unity Recorder.

TzuriTeshuba likes this.
  3. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

I plan on trying out the built-in recorder when it's a good time and ill update here any information i think may be useful for someone stumbling upon this thread. meanwhile, what has been helpful for me is to use ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot() while the XR plug-in isnt being used (my quest just isnt plugged in and i get a warning). As for the issue of the screenshot not containing the whole image, my solution is more "general development" based. In the game view, I select or custom create a setting in the 'aspect ratio' drop down and my screenshots come out to the necesary dimensions. This has been useful for static scene artwork-like pics.