Search Unity

Question Taking Good Screenshots in a VR Game

Discussion in 'VR' started by TzuriTeshuba, Nov 29, 2022.

1. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

Hi, when I use ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot(), i seem to get a screen shot from the perspective of my right or left eye, but I would like it to be centered. Is there a way to do this? Also I notice that plenty of what I see in the HMD seems to be cutout, is there a way to preserve the whole image? I use an Oculus Quest 2 device with OpenXR and the XR Interaction Toolkit if that matters. Thanks in advance!

2. Gozum

Gozum

Why don't you use built-in Unity Recorder.

TzuriTeshuba likes this.
  3. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

I plan on trying out the built-in recorder when it's a good time and ill update here any information i think may be useful for someone stumbling upon this thread. meanwhile, what has been helpful for me is to use ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot() while the XR plug-in isnt being used (my quest just isnt plugged in and i get a warning). As for the issue of the screenshot not containing the whole image, my solution is more "general development" based. In the game view, I select or custom create a setting in the 'aspect ratio' drop down and my screenshots come out to the necesary dimensions. This has been useful for static scene artwork-like pics.