Search Unity

Games Takeshi the Game "the adventures of takeshi" one man game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by eaque, Nov 22, 2017.

1. eluukkanen

eluukkanen

Pretty great looking work. Do you intend to work alone, or would you need team members? Your world looks very vast, you can finish such a large world on your own?

eaque likes this.
  2. eaque

eaque

Many thanks for your kind words and support!!:) very appreciated!!

Your question is quite good!
    Actually the world is 8/8km limits and around 6/6km ready for gameplay!

From my point of view fulling the world with vegetation is easy with VS I understand you might be talking about villages and points of interest and so...
    It's part of the gameplay to have a huge land mostly desertic to go across. I keep some very low standards more like a zelda than a AC origins. I do concieve the game regarding what i can do and can't do.

So even if the work is huge i do believe i can put what i need by myself. I do some easy Gimp things, i already made my girls models which are quite ok.;) i have some good assets so i think it's possible...

I never thought of building a team cause from my experience everything fails real quick with teamates. And as i have precise ideas of the game i don't want to act like the ruler who orders to others what's right and what's wrong. :p

But i'm always searching and ready to pay (a little money) for things that i can't do myself.
    So if you have any skills you would like to share and even get paid (a little money;)) don't hesitate in contacting by PM.

If you know how to use Pro builder well i might be interested, if you are a 3D modeler i am

Cheers

eluukkanen likes this.
  3. eaque

eaque

Hi All! :)

A little Update to say that the project is still alive...;)

So hard to find time to work on it! Guess you know about that!

Takeshi has now better "Carry Logic"
    And Can store things on the horse! As he will store things in his house(s)...

A lot of "fedex" in the game??.....Hum Guess so...As a 1man team...Hard to reinvent the genre but my goal is that the player feels pleasure !

"you find some gold in the desert...
    In most games you loot it..(press a button) You hear a "Bling" and BOOM you have more gold...:(
    In Takeshi things will be a bit different. You will have to bring back your loot!!...":p

Imagine the pleasure to gather all the ressources in a secret place...??:cool: and see gold and jewels grow thru time??

So few pics: bandicam 2018-11-14 21-19-05-774.jpg bandicam 2018-11-14 21-19-15-521.jpg

MD_Reptile likes this.
  4. eaque

eaque

2 bags and 1 crate on your horse...Heavy enough for this poor animal!:p bandicam 2018-11-14 21-20-32-498.jpg bandicam 2018-11-14 21-22-48-504.jpg

5. eaque

eaque

Still working on the Terrain to offer a simple but cool world to visit!
    Vegetation Studio en Vegetation Studio Pro are Some Fantastic tool!! I Highly recommend !!
    I Keep playing with them...

With Pro Builder (what a brillant asset!!!!) i spent hours retexturing some models that i have to get some variations of simply to give them better texturing! Now my models look way better than in Unity 4!!;)

6. eaque

eaque

7. eaque

eaque

In the next Update i will show you my new temples design. I use some free assets that i try to estheticaly merge with the models i have...

I really love Unity!!!

I don't use blender at all. So i do that by tweaking things that i find on the store or elsewhere.
    This treasure Hunt on the web is very pleasant !!

Catch you soon and thank you for taking some of your time checking this thread!

Peace out
    :)

8. eaque

eaque

Hi all,

It's been a while...progress are slow, but Takeshi is not abandonned!

Cheers

upload_2019-2-9_17-43-58.png

9. eaque

eaque

vegetation studio pro!:):):)
    upload_2019-2-9_17-50-8.png

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. eaque

eaque

New set of sand textures!
    upload_2019-2-20_21-6-58.png

11. eaque

eaque

12. eaque

eaque

13. eaque

eaque

14. eaque

eaque

15. eaque

eaque

Now using enviro mobile! Wich is excellent!! with fantastic performance!!

16. eaque

eaque

it's been a long since my last post...Just to let you know (if ever you were wondering:p) the project is still alive !!
    though i don't have much time for takeshi but i work on it with a brand new ai!! very modular and supposed to be "bug free" till now;) i'm very proud of it cause the same scripts will deal all my NPCs!! enemies and friends!! all based on navmesh thanks to Landscape Builder 2

i have started working with MM Inventory from the store and i did code the "sword" gameplay for takeshi with animation from "enablesoft"

few pics

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  17. eaque

eaque

18. eaque

eaque

19. eaque

eaque

20. eaque

eaque

21. eaque

eaque

I thought it would be cool to show you the progress made on the world map and biomes design...Still in progress

MD_Reptile likes this.
  22. eaque

eaque

BEFORE Before_Pic_Takeshi_World .png

23. eaque

eaque

AFTER
    _Pic_Takeshi_World.png
    _Pic_Takeshi_World night.png

24. eaque

eaque

All this is still WIP and yes the inventory is in early state :p, out of the box from MoreMountain! As you can see, around 100 fps very stable once Fx are pre warmed ans with 5 of 6 npc walking around!

Thanks for reading!

MD_Reptile likes this.
  25. eaque

eaque

Hi all,

The melee system shows some progress:

Malbers likes this.
  26. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Hey, awesome project, looking really good. What parts of the projects have you created from scratch? Just curious, I have a mix in my projects, things I can build on since im am by no means a pro programmer.

eaque likes this.
  27. eaque

eaque

HI!
    Many thanks for your kind words :) Gives a lot of energy to keep on working!

Actually i did a little demo (never released) with all the gameplay and i did code a lot on Unity 4 like my own sky system.
    but to get more profesional i now use a lot of assets. I am NOT a coder just a noob who started with simple things had a lot of pleasure doing this and then never stopped....................:p My coding is poor but simple and quite efficient with frame rate so that made me keep on.....
    I guess i understand what you want to know:

So, now let me explain a bit:

- I started from the third person controller from standards assets then modified and extended it to make him fight with hands and weapons (only sword at the moment but the code is made to extend that with ease). I love coding that controller

-All the AI system is home made and i'm real proud of it! i can have 30 npcs fighting at the same time with almost no impact! They all share the same core scripts and there is one animator (or2) by type of ennemy. It's my favorite part to work on and the best is ought to come with a real "everydaylife routine for all the png in the village".
    png can fight follow patrol and do many activities like chopping wood, hammering, praying...

-all the looting, interactions, are made from scratch too...

-I did my own dialogue system but i guess i'm gonna use quest machine later on to have procedural quests and the asset seems to be able to do a lot.

-i did my inventory but quickly changed it for MoreMoutains one on the asset store to have something well coded and extendable.

-My farming system is based on Plant growing system on the asset store that i extended to my needs.

Hope this helps, wish you the best with your project!:)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  28. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Thats about what I do, I'm still learning programming. Your AI system looks quick good, I opted to use Emerald AI myself, then modify it a bit more. Question for you about MM Inventory. I have that to however I have yet to use it. How difficult is it to use, like for saving and loading your inventory. Saving and loading and inventory have always been a little hard for me?

29. eaque

eaque

MM is very good, but can't tell you about saving. I decided to use easy save now and it's not done yet.
    but you can access things so easily . You could even code a realtime saving each time you collect an object.
    sometimes i loose a bit myself with MM cause there are a lot of functions already made for users so that you put your code in it, makes a lot of ways to access

30. eaque

eaque

I realize this is only sword combat, next time i'll show you takeshi fighting with his hands!! :)

31. johnnparry55

johnnparry55

Great work! Thank you for this

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  32. eaque

eaque

thanks for passing by and thanks for your kind words!

The project is not dead!! :p

The map has its final shape (guess i said that a thousand times already!!)
    Working on a new controller for takeshi based on the same third person sample assets but it was updated so i decided to rewrite it.

Enemy ai is (to me) good enough.

Let's Keep on dreaming!