Search Unity

TagCompo [ Upadated to 1.1]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted User, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

TagCompo_Classic_tiny.jpg

Hello everyone, well I really don't know if it is worth to share but I developed a tiny extension for the Unity editor, that allows me to add components (right now Scripts) to all GameObjects that have a specific tag. And doing the same for removing Components. Well I've been in the situation that I developed a component (in my case a component that did some drawing above the head of GameObjects to check if my A.I. works well), that I had to add to more than just one Object (in my case nearly hundred). So I thought it would be nice to have such a tiny tool. Well here it is. Maybe I will add some other Features in the next days or weeks. It's nothing special, but useful when you have to quickly add or remove components. You can also remove components from GameObjects with a specific tag, even if they weren't added by TagCompo. So it works also as a general Script remover thingy. Here a small screenshot and at the bottom the link for the download:
    TagCompo_Window.jpg

[Updated Link for Ver. 1.1] TagCompo Download Link

Changelog
    Version 1.1:

- Added the set tag function, which allows you to set a tag to one or more GameObjects that
    are selected in the Scene or Hierarchy View

Version 1.0:

- Added the Add and Remove MonoScript Functions
    - Add a (MonoScript) Component only once or independentaly of the presence of that Script
    - Supports Undo operation

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I made a new version with a new function, that let's you add the selected tag to the currently selected GameObjects in the hierarchy or scene view.

I also made a small video:

Here you can download it: TagCompo 1.1