Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tafi sale ends today..About time too!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vertexx, Jun 22, 2021.

1. vertexx

vertexx

So that "Tafi" sale ends. Let's hope this "asset" never returns. What an absolute waste of time. Reviews, so scarce that hunting for them was almost an exercise in futility. Those that did showed what they thought.
    How on earth did this product ever get onto the Store? An absolute mess from start to finish.
    What criteria do you use for these Sales? Do you guys/gals ever try these things out for yourselves?
    To be honest, most Sales are terrific and most worthy of purchase. But to have these Tafi things even on the list shows that money and not customer satisfaction is paramount to Unity? I just hope the refund button gets pushed to the limit.
    You people should show more professionalism when choosing and promoting both assets and sales. This one was a bad choice to say the least!

Kennth likes this.
  2. firstuser

firstuser

3. Kennth likes this.
  4. firstuser

firstuser

Yeah they used to be Morph3D, regardless, a sale is a sale.

5. Kennth

Kennth

I was worried because I know daz 3d has very expensive export rights for anything but Daz render's ..
    plus yeah it looked like cheap Cr** .. not even worth 1/2 price ...

Good sales tactic charge Way above what people would pay.. then say it is 50 % off.. so people think it is a deal.

It's the same as asking three times the price for something , knowing you can come down a good chunk and
    still be ahead, making a profit, and the " person " buying it thinks they got away with being clever.. Haha.

I looked for reviews too, and only found Bad but constructive comments .,. like the set up was all wrong, bones bad etc.

TBH when I see a new publisher on the store with Sooooo many " not enough reviews ". Makes me plain nervous and I won't chance a buy on an unknown anymore .. after being here since Unity 5 you would not believe how many depreciated assets I have.. thousands $$$ down the drain.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  6. Kennth

Kennth

I had no idea they were behind that disaster too... and I never used it either, the reviews were not good, the publisher " engagement " was nonexistent. Had I known that ahead I would not have even bothered to look at the Tafi sale. People for the most part don't change.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  7. Kennth

Kennth

8. To be fair, this one is on you. The coupon you saw was for that particular pack, not arbitrary weapons. If you had put that free pack in the basket and put the code in, you would get the pack for free. I did it. I haven't checked the content yet, but for free it worth a spin, I don't get my hopes up though.

Kennth likes this.
  9. firstuser

firstuser

I think it's worth appreciating that this is totally relative. $50 might be expensive to some indie whereas a company might not think twice about $300 (and even that can feel cheap compared time and alternative cost savings)

It's hard to find a one size fits all price. Hence sales :) Gives people an opportunity to grab things they couldn't otherwise afford while others who urgently need it and aren't as price sensitive can grab it year round.

Kennth likes this.