Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Tabletop-style video game sequel needing programmer -- IP established in 1999! [Rev-Share]

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by EikoAegeana, Nov 2, 2022.

1. EikoAegeana

EikoAegeana

QUICK INFO:

I have:
    • 2D art experience
    • 3D modelling experience
    • Animation experience
    • Music experience
    • Coding experience
    • A playable prototype (in Tabletop Simulator -- it's a board game)
    • Rights to an established IP
    I need:
    • A programmer

MORE INFO:

Some of this is a repost from last year, so I apologize to anybody who has been browsing the forums for over a year. :]

To preface, I am not an established developer, but I do have an established franchise on my hands. A year and a half ago, I negotiated my way into being given rights to make a new entry under an IP. Consider me a bit of a go-getter!

Anyways, the IP is owned by a Japanese company, who has granted me rights to use it (I'll give more detail to interested parties). Said IP hasn't seen a release since 1999, but has few (I won't mince words -- very few) extremely loyal fans. This game will be based heavily off the original title, so there is a strong reference to how it should work -- the majority of the game has already been designed for us.

Regarding payment, I started a Kickstarter back in February of last year, which did not meet funding goals. Ideally, I would be able to pay collaborators a fair wage, assuming I had the money. However, I am willing to try Kickstarter a second time using a second prototype developed by us. Regardless of funding, I am personally interested in pursuing this project to its end. Upon release, I would be thrilled to share revenue with my collaborator(s). (I did have a collaborator, but it proved difficult to collaborate due to my him being a college student living on the opposite side of the planet -- and life got in the way on my end as well.)

I have coding experience, but the scope of the project is too broad for me to do all art, animation, music, UI design and so on, as well as code (all of which I am capable of doing!) I'm already heavily invested in this project, and have built a prototype in Tabletop Simulator, which I have been adding to, tweaking, and play-testing with friends for over a year now. Since this game is a sequel, the scope of the project is very clear.

Sheer basics, I am looking to create a tactical tile-based game with card, dice, and stat mechanics. The gameplay loop is based on collecting stuff. Go into a dungeon, race other players to collect stuff, beat up players who have the stuff you want, and get out. Dungeons should be procedurally generated each round, and items should have various effects. The game is a party game, so in 2022, online play is a must. I can create all artistic assets needed, I am really just looking for someone to do the heavy lifting as far as code is concerned. Creatively, I am open to input, and would be very happy to work with you. Even though this IP is established, I am currently not under any creative restrictions.

If you are interested, please send a message to my inbox! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!