Search Unity

T4M Black Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SJAM

SJAM

Thank a lot Max :)

The update is now available on T4M Update Menu.

The 2.2.2 version of Demo soon !

Enjoy !

Stephane

2. angel_m

angel_m

Please fix the Update option inside T4M menu, it is not working anymore.

3. SJAM

SJAM

normally since version 2.2.1, it is fixed... right?

EDIT : New version sent on the Asset Store

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  4. bobbert234

bobbert234

I am having 2 problems with T4M Black.

Black terrain= EDIT: switched to armv7 only and this is fixed

My other problem is when I'm in the standalone (where I can see it) I am having trouble painting. In the tutorial scene I can paint but if I make a new scene and convert a terrain there then only the first texture will show up. The others will not paint.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  5. tripknotix

tripknotix

so pretty much the way it works is, OpenGLES 2 can handle 6 textures, one way or another? is this why the Bump shader is maxed at 3textures and 3 bumps?

6. SJAM

SJAM

@bobbert
    can you make me a screenshot with T4M window and scene on it? And send me by email : azert2k@gmail.com ... Because I don't ubderstand your problem. Thank in advance.

@Tripknotix

In fact, without any light and other feature on shader, the Opengles can use 6textures max. The bump shader use uv coordonate of diffuse textures, so I can use light on it.

So, the 6 textures unlit shader nolightmap is the maximum that I can make for OpenGles2 with 1drawcallcall

7. tripknotix

tripknotix

i meant the one that uses the normal map bump textures, that one is maximum 3 diffuse, 3 bump

8. Mr Turnip Head

Mr Turnip Head

I am unable to get the texturing of the terrain to work correctly. I will try to explain what I have been doing...

I created my terrain using UnityTerrain then used a script to convert this terrain into a .obj so that I could edit and optimise it in packages outside of Unity. I then exported this mesh as a .fbx to bring back into Unity. I have then used T4M to convert this into a 'T4M Object' This all seems to work correctly but then the mesh shows up black.

I have tried using different shaders on the mesh, The ShaderModel1 one seems to work okay, but the ShaderModel2 ones are all black. I have tried using Lightmaps and when I turn them off the mesh is Pink, when they are on the mesh is either black or transparent. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

UPDATE: After thinking a little more about this it must be down to what build settings I have for the project? I am guessing I just need to change the 'Graphice Level' in the projects 'PlayerSettings'?
    It was set to 'OpenGL ES 1.x'

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  9. SJAM

SJAM

Yes, you need to put emulation to gles2 emulation (exept if you use only gles1.1), and need to compile with opengles2 parameter in project setting.(arm7 or universal).

10. Mr Turnip Head

Mr Turnip Head

Looks like I have got things working now.

One small issue I keep having is with the texturing. I often hold down SHIFT when navigating, but if I have the texture painting tool selected this will start painting textures are I am moving the scene view around. Is there any way to disable this?

11. SJAM

SJAM

Great !

Why you use SHIFT to navigate ? With ALT keys and the 3 buttons mouse, you can zoom, deplace and rotate around scene...

But if you want activate deactivate, press the button up/right of the T4M window.

If you really discomfort with that, tell me, I'd do an update to disable the controls of the T4M with a keys.

Best Regards

Stephane

12. tripknotix

tripknotix

my only issue is, SHIFT is used to accelerate moving around the terrain. so if youi want to paint on it, and you shift to the other side, youve painted all over it. and some times it feels like ctrl z does not remove all paint. you should definetly not use shift, use ctrl or something less likely to be held down or a letter key

13. SJAM

SJAM

Ok, so I will modify my code to deactivate paint when we press shift key :)

14. Mr Turnip Head

Mr Turnip Head

Hey Azert2k,

Yeah, I use SHIFT a lot to move more quickly around the viewport. If you could change it that would be great. Thanks

15. bobbert234

bobbert234

About the painting tool not working, I figured out it was a problem with my terrain, not your tool, but I redid the uv and adjusted the scale and reimported it, now it works and I don't know what was wrong before, if I find out I will tell you.

Now it works great, this will be extremely helpful for my project.

16. tripknotix

tripknotix

You accidently added "6 Textures unlit lightmap compatible shaders (DON'T WORKS on OpenGLES 2)" to the opengl es 2 list inside of the plugin. you should fix that asap before people start selecting it by mistake.

youve listed it from the drop down in your plugin, and the drop down from directly changing the shader in the inspector. both places have it listed in the wrong place

17. SJAM

SJAM

Yes, just reselect the shader you want and update again. You can switch between shader without problem... I will fix that.

18. tripknotix

tripknotix

Under the shader model 2 shaders drop down in your plugin, it says i can select 6 Textures High Spec, however when i do, it X marks the compatibility with OpenGL es2 , and Flash is this true?

19. SJAM

SJAM

Nop, 6 textures highspec don't work on iOs and flash. Normaly the box is red forward Gles2 and flash, so don't works

20. tripknotix

tripknotix

what about 5 textures high spec =P still no?

21. SJAM

SJAM

I have made the indicators to know that. And like you see...no lol

22. tripknotix

tripknotix

worth a try, i implemented UniStorm, and the lighting is dynamic, day and night and clouds covering sunlight, so i cant do lightmap + 5 =/ so i guess im stuck at 4 total

23. SJAM

SJAM

All that works on mobile???

Dynamic light + cloud + rain + terrain is too heavy for mobile device...

Can you try performance just with plane + unistorm please, just to say me how many framerate you have?

Edit : maybe you want build for Flash only?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  24. tripknotix

tripknotix

my target is flash i am very close to it, i also want to export to android, but not immediately.

and yes i know it would be heavy, but it works well if i dont have the weapons, 50k triangles, 30 draw calls, with unistorm and t4m. however i add guns and all of a sudden theres all sorts of draw calls =P almost 100 draw calls due to ui, and weapons.

performance of unistorm only is around 2000 fps with just a plane using a 570 gtx super overclocked.

25. pluhn

pluhn

I get this error when trying the demo and converting a Unity terrain to a T4M terrain:
    Any ideas?

26. SJAM

SJAM

Yes, I have fix that on full version, not yet on demo...

I will make an update for demo this weekend.

Best Regards

Stephane

27. n8

n8

Hello,

I have been using t4m for a couple of months now and wanted to share my experience. so far I must say that I am very impressed with this tool. I have seen huge performance boost since using and with small amounts of tweaking i have seen even more! Here is a video of my game utilizing t4m

In this game I am using 16 terrain objects converted to t4m with some of the optimized loading times set. I am using a system to load/unload the terrain objects needed based on the players position. This helps a lot with the initial load of the scene so that not all 16 objects need to be loaded before the scene is ready. There are very small hiccups when new terrain is loaded in for the first time, but those disappear once all objects have been loaded at least once. I am still working on some of the finer points of optimization to get some of this worked out.

The only problem that I have run into is when creating the tiled terrains, I will have them perfectly aligned and then after conversion their will be gaps in the seams where the optimization has skewed the mesh a bit. These have been somewhat covered up by props that I have placed throughout the scene.

All in all however this is an amazing product that has saved me countless hours of dev work. Thanks Azert2k!

below is a link to my WIP page for this game if you would like to know more about it.

28. SJAM

SJAM

Hi and thank,

Congrat :)

The best way to avoid the problem of tiled terrain, is to make 1 terrain first and split with an 3D software. After convert terrain, the bounds of terrain are a little differents of original mesh (because optimization), I was working on a solution to split the terrain in 9 equal parts (for terrain LOD), without result. I still seek...

Yes, I would like to know more about your game :)

Best Reagrds

Azert2k

29. n8

n8

Yeah I thought about going that route but I honestly couldn't get the native terrain object big enough. The gaps were easy enough to cover up with props, which forced me to be a bit more creative and add some visuals to help the scene look better all around.

Awesome! well i actually realized that I forgot to post the link to my thread about the game here it is:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/130188-WIP-Canyon-Defense-iOS-Android-game

let me know what you think!

Thanks for the great tool

30. SJAM

SJAM

So,

I will update the T4M this weekend. Sorry for late, I didn't have enough time last weekend.

Stephane

31. tripknotix

tripknotix

i keep getting, "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    T4MExtends.Planting ()
    T4MExtends.OnSceneGUI ()"
    when i try to plant trees, is there a specific kind of tree it needs?

32. SJAM

SJAM

Weird, you are the only one that told about this problem since the last update.

Can you make me 1 video to show me, how I can reproduce the problem, please?

Thank in advance

Stephane

EDIT : '' is there a specific kind of tree it needs?''
    Absolutely not, you can plant everything you want.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  33. tripknotix

tripknotix

basically this works with your demo tree object, just not one of those fancy trees with wind and bending.

also

the billboards are not facing my camera object... i tried to edit the script to see if maybe i need to set it to my camera, but its a .dll, may i ask, what does it use to face the camera? or face the player? a special tag? for grass billboards

they are the grass from the tutorial you have, and yes the objects do have t4mbill bobj and t4mplanobj scripts

34. SJAM

SJAM

In third tab (my T4M) just put the camera object in the playercam part, and update (don't forget to reselect the shader you want before) actualy I try to make some shaders for tree animate by wind, before update the T4M... I have a lot a problem for this, so I thing I will make an update to fix painter Shift key issue, and MyT4M shader menu selection when you want update without reselect the shader you want.

35. tripknotix

tripknotix

quick note: the mobile bumped shader makes the terrain black when theres very little light on it, in the flash exported version.

it works fine in editor, but when u export to flash if its night time and the moon is going down almost and the sun isnt yet there, the terrain is completely black

36. tripknotix

tripknotix

lol ok i made a stupid mistake i never turned on the billboard activate button =)

37. tripknotix

tripknotix

maybe my issue with the tree is that i have not yet created an LOD for it? is this mandatory is i must activate the lod system and contruct a tree lod i cant just use a tree model from terrain demos?

38. SJAM

SJAM

You can use a classic object, no LOD needed. Just select a prefab or mesh.

Nice for billboard ;)

Keep me aware or give me a video.

Thank for bump/flash issue I will change the shader status

39. tripknotix

tripknotix

i really like that shader just so u know lol, i just wish it would lighten up a tiny bit when its dark, im using UniStorm, and as the moon is going down, and the sun is about to come up, its completely dark which is somewhat realistic but darkens everything

40. tripknotix

tripknotix

it seems that changing the billboard's maximum view distance, loses its value instantly after you select something else, theres no save or update button there. what is the trick to make it save your new value, the slider doesnt update either when u deselect the terrain.

41. SJAM

SJAM

There are 2 types of max view, by layer or script ... Increase the layer view distance or deactivate it, or plant with far layer.

EDIT :After cleaning my server, all pictures was lose... fixed

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  42. Mr Turnip Head

Mr Turnip Head

Azert2k,

You may have mentioned this already but I was wondering if it's possible to have a shadermodel 1 shader that supports 3 texture blends?
    I only seem to get decent performance when using shadermodel 1 but would like to be able to use 3 textures. Is this possible?

43. Tiles

Tiles

There is a little price difference between the Unity webpage and the assets store. That`s misleading. Which price is the correct one?

44. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

Certainly a Asset Store price problem ... the price is 50$ or 47.50€, not 62.5$

Retry now, I have 50$ on my mac now... or 47.5€ on my PC lol... very wierd too (two different currencies for me, but true price)

Keep me aware

@Mr Turnip Head
    Hi, in fact I can't blend 3 textures for OpenGLES 1, this is not possible. I need to make a Frag shader or surface, so only openGLES 2 compatible

Best Regards

Stephane

The 2.2.3 version is finished and soon uploaded (Demo 2.2.3 soon):
    - Remove Shift key on Paint menu.
    - Now, when you come back on the T4M Terrain, the shader is kept to avoid a mistake of choice of shader, when you update the settings of T4M terrain with MyT4M
    - 2 new Shaders for (web, PC, Mac) : World Projection Shader Diffuse/ Unlit (don't work correctly on mobile/flash... big artefacts on texture)
    - Written Tutorial maybe finished for tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  45. Tiles

Tiles

Thanks for clarification Azert2K, or better thanks for even more confusion :D

Hm, sounds like you should contact Unity about this issue. Anyways, the price is correct in Euros then. Buying :)

I have one more question when you don`t mind, is there a way to animate the grass and the trees?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  46. helmers

helmers

I have seen the price difference before also on other items.

I am pretty sure it is the 25% tax.

In the web they do not know who is the customer -> so no tax added to the price
    Look in asset store: you are locked in and so they know to add the tax.

47. Tiles

Tiles

Hmmm. When that would be the case then i should see Euros in the assets store, shouldn`t i? Anyways. Stays curious :)

48. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

In my AssetStore Space the price is 50$, and Unity keep 30% of 50$ on each selling. On my mac, the price is 50$ too. I don't understand.

Local taxes ?

EDIT : I have not yet finished writing the tutorial, so you will have it middle this week with update

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  49. Tiles

Tiles

Maybe the price differs because of the different market. US versus European Union? Anyways, it is as it is :)

50. SJAM

SJAM

I'm french, so you must have the same price than me.