Search Unity

T4M Black Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. topofsteel

topofsteel

Is anyone else using T4M with the asset Ultimate FPS? I'm unable to see the mesh when 'playing'. It shows up in the game camera preview, but not testing it. I don't believe it's a camera culling mask issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

$fps-t4m_1.png $fps-t4m_2.png

2. Tiles

Tiles

I notice that the Layer field in the Inspector is empty.

3. topofsteel

topofsteel

Solution: T4M assigns the mesh to later 30 at run time. UFPS hides layer 30 at run time.

4. stety2

stety2

How can I have the terrain transparent?

5. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

In waiting of upload the new version on assetstore, send me a email (with your name and Invoice number), and I send you the new version.

@BeerNuts
    The Demo scene is fixed in my new version, for the video... I know, I need to do an other one. I just need time.

@Toposteel
    I think that you have a script who hide the T4M, maybe by layer.

@Tiles
    Thank again :)
    To change that everyone need to read the .txt file n the package or tutorial

@Toposteel
    Ok, great

@Stety2
    You need to create your own shader for T4M for that.

Best Regards

Stephane

6. SJAM

SJAM

Update 2.3 seet to AssetStore !

7. Tiles

Tiles

Still version 2.28, 2.3 was not in the asset store yet.

I have a big problem here. All was fine as described above. But today i reopened that project, and my billboard grass stopped working. Trying to deactivate the billboard grass leads to an error message. I cannot deactivate the billboarding anymore.

Code (csharp):
    2. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable Render of 'T4MBillBObjSC' has not been assigned.
    3. You probably need to assign the Render variable of the T4MBillBObjSC script in the inspector.
    4. T4MSC.ActivateDeactivateBillBoard () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:868)
    5. T4MSC.Billboard () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:839)
    6. T4MSC.BillboardMenu () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:639)
    7. T4MSC.OnGUI () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:464)
    8. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    While play i get a Null reference exception too:

Code (csharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. T4MObjSC.BillLay () (at Assets/T4M/Scripts/T4MObjSC.cs:243)
    Any ideas what went wrong and how i can fix this? Have i the wrong scripts attached to the components? The terrain has the T4MObjSC script attached. The billboard grass has T4MBillBObjSC and T4MPlantObjSC attached. That should be correct, shouldn`t it?

EDIT, just wanted to add that the update to Version 2.3 didn`t fix the issue.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  8. Tiles

Tiles

One step further. I made some modifications to the T4MBillBObjSC to show the two hidden variables, and they were empty. That`s where the complaining comes from. Seems that i have to redo the grass ...

EDIT, i end indeed in redoing all the grass at the moment. And because billboarding does still not work then, i also end in reconverting the terrains one by one. Then it finally works. What an effort ...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  9. SJAM

SJAM

Hi Tiles,

It's weird, normally, the script don't crash (even with previous versions), you just need to deactivate and reactivate the billboard in the T4M menu, and all work fine.

Not need to modify the script.

Bets Regards

Stephane

10. Tiles

Tiles

Thanks Stephane,

I don`t know what exactly went wrong, but it definitely went wrong. This deactivate and reactivate did not work, It threw the above error. And i couldn´t deactivate it.

I know that i shouldn`t need to modify the scripts. But the modification was useful to find out the troublemaker. Well, i found the troublemaker as stated, but that didn`t really help. Modifying every instance one by one to get it back working (apply to prefab was also broken) would`ve been more work than to repaint the grass. Which i did then. Finished and back working now :)

11. phtphan

phtphan

I have solution for this:

1. Use Photoshop to create your splatmap as usual.
    2. Save the file as a copy under Photoshop RAW.
    3. Use Photoshop to reopen the RAW file and make sure you have "Last channel as transparency" unchecked in the import dialog box.
    4. After open the RAW file, you will see the Channels tab shows 4 channel with the last one is "Alpha1". You could individually edit these channels while disable others. Use black and white to fill or brush if you one (White is for "1" and Black is for "0").
    5. Save the RAW file as "TIFF" with "Alpha channels" checked. In the TIFF options, make sure "Byte Order" is "IBM PC".
    6. Finally import the TIFF into Unity with alpha.

Good luck :D

Check out my games at:

http://www.gunship3d.com
    http://xtremesoaring3d.com

:D

Attached Files:

12. topofsteel

topofsteel

I have the LOD system deactivated. But one of my cameras will only see the trees if i'm close to them. The camera's layer culling is set to everything. How can I fix this? Where should I begin to Troubleshoot? Thanks.

13. topofsteel

topofsteel

OK seriously, how do I fix this? None of the trees are visible past a certain distance, even with the LOD deactivated. I've adjusted all of the settings in T4M. Is it a property of the tree in any way? Where do I start? Thanks.

14. Tiles

Tiles

This has nothing to do with the LOD. Have a look at your trees in which layer they are. My guess is that you used the close distance layer when you planted the trees. But that one is meant for billboarding grass. My trees are all in the NormalView layer.

15. kaz2057

kaz2057

But 2.28 works in Unity 4.x.x?

16. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

@phtphan
    Great, good to know ;)

@topofsteel
    contact me by email please (screenshots problem + invoice number)

@Tiles
    Again, thanks

@Kaz2057
    Like the previous version, the 2.2.8 works only on U4 (I think I will add the package for U3 in it).
    So yes, it works on U4

17. kaz2057

kaz2057

Thanks for information.
    However my company is using T4M 2.2.8 on Unity 3.5.6/3.5.7 without any problems. You specify that 2.2.8 works only on U4 ...
    Thanks

18. topofsteel

topofsteel

I'm getting disabling errors on a new project when I select either the texture or tree tab.

MissingMethodException: Method not found:
    'UnityEditor.EditorUtility.GetAssetPreview'.
    T4MBE.PixelPainterMenu ()
    T4MBE.PainterMenu ()
    T4MBE.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
    invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[]
    parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at
    /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

has anyone else gotten this? Thanks.

19. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

Since U4.1, T4M have some problem with big meshes who Unity split in parts. I'm on it.

I keep you aware

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  20. SJAM

SJAM

The 2.4 version is submitted on AssetStore

Fixed : Errors/Crash/Problem with split meshes

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  21. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi,

I am using T4M and am having a bit of a problem with some converted terrain setting a very large tiling value. Here is the original and T4M version of the terrain.

$Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 5.35.25 PM.png $Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 5.35.47 PM.png

I am using Unity 4.1, the latest version of T4M and the terrain was built inside Unity.

Terrain textures sizes are 40x, 40y for all 4 textures.

22. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

Yes, its not a bug, but I can't keep the perfect value because I can't acces at the Unity terrain variables and ratios. I will try to make that better, in waiting just custom the tile value yourself in the paint menu.

23. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Ok, thank you! By the way, this plugin has helped me improve performance by around 5-8 fps!

24. SJAM

SJAM

Sorry for the late, but the asset store team take a little time to validate the asset, so I sent the package again, today.

The 2.4 version fix a lot of bugs on U4.1.2 and works fine on 4.1.3. I keep you aware when you can update it on the assetstore

Thanks for your trust.

Stéphane

25. SJAM

SJAM

Version 2.4 out

26. topofsteel

topofsteel

Are any of the T4M shaders compatible with DX11? My quick test just now would indicate they are not, the terrain was black.

27. luditemu6ici

luditemu6ici

Hey there, I was wondering if you are planing on implementing support for more than 4 normalmapped textures on the terrain and also parallax substance shaders, cuz that is really busting my progress and it would be great if there were atleast more normalmapped materials that you can put.

28. jamie_D

jamie_D

Hello there,was just wondering if there already was or a plan to have the mobile 4 texture blend but with the addition of vertex colour?

we would like to be able to use the blending but also have vertex based ambient occlusion on top of a lightmap.

29. topofsteel

topofsteel

I'm trying to use the Water4Example. The plane does not show up against the T4M mesh? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

30. TheAMes

TheAMes

I just bough this through the asset store, paid via paypal, but where the hell is it? its not showing in my downloaded packages or anywhere? all i got was an email from paypal confirming the purchase

31. bbedwell

bbedwell

Asset store says it requires 4.1 or higher.

Are we SOL if using Unity 3.5.7?

32. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

@topofsteel
    I'll look that

@luditemu6ici
    You can do that yourself, but it will be no more compatible with Mobile

@jamie_D
    I was trying that before but the performance on mobile are really bad. But you can create an shader to test that.

@topofsteel
    -> ScreenShots + Invoice number by email or MP please (I don't help without an Invoice number)

@TheAMes
    I think since that the Unity team had some paiement problems, they control more each paiement.

@bbedwell
    You have tthe possibility to buy the package, and I send you the package for Unity 3.5+

Best Regards

Stéphane

33. luditemu6ici

luditemu6ici

@luditemu6ici
    You can do that yourself, but it will be no more compatible with Mobile

Any Idea how can i go about it? I personaly found it quite hard to finy any information at all.

34. SJAM

SJAM

Please, contact me by email with your invoice number. (my mail is in your MP)

35. Madio

Madio

How can I test the latest version of T4M? Demo(2.2.0b) is not properly working on unity 4.1.5.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  36. XilenceX

XilenceX

I intend to buy T4M tomorrow... unless a cheaper/better option comes to me in my dreams tonight. he he However I am also using UFPS! So what do I have to do to make them work together? Just use User Layer 25-29 instead of 26-30 as suggested in the tutorial? Or is the solution more complicated than that?!?

I am a bit confused about the demo version as well... does it work on the latest 4.1.5 Unity version or not?

37. topofsteel

topofsteel

I found it easier to edit the UFPS script, because the layers are nicely organized here...

Assets\UltimateFPSCamera\Scripts\Core\Utility\vp_Layer.cs

UFPS uses layers 25 through 31 for various things. I changes line 34 to...

Code (csharp):
    1.     public const int LocalPlayer = 24;

38. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

UFPS has nothing to do with this thread... So why are you here?

Also I'm having trouble with the painting system, it just won't paint terrain at all I can run my brush around all day and nothing will change about the terrain? Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thx in advance!

39. topofsteel

topofsteel

Try using the two assets together and you will see.

Something is wrong with your UV's. Fix them in whatever application tour mesh came from.

40. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

They work fine together for me, and thanks I'll try that.

K, thanks a ton, it works great now!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  41. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

Wait, my UFPS doesn't see anything when I start them game... Is that what you meant?

Yep I see, man you're a life saver!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  42. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi, I am interested in this package.

1. I would like to know if I could use "ats color map ultra terrain shader" that's on the asset store with this package.

2. Is it possible to get access to the convert "Unity Terrain to Mesh "during game play? If not, can this functionality be added.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  43. topofsteel

topofsteel

Shader model 2 works with DX11, model 3 comes in all black. When will the they be updated? Has anybody implemented a custom shader compatible with DX11? Thanks.

44. ratamorph

ratamorph

I found a bug with the T4M editor, when you finish the conversion if you click other object in the hierarchy before making the selection of what to do with the original terrain, the original terrain will be destroyed...

45. SJAM

SJAM

@Rocki
    1. no
    2.Yes, it's single mesh

@Topofsteel
    I have the plan to creates some custom shader to use tesselation too.

@ratamorph
    Like I said by mail, the original terrain stay in your project window, it just delete from the scene :)

Best Regards

Stéphane

46. topofsteel

topofsteel

I would like to minimize the material tiling effect. Does anyone have any techniques for doing that? I've seen some good examples in other systems using grey scale image for blending. Is that possible with T4M? Thanks.

47. arkon

arkon

I've just bought the plugin and am getting a few errors when I try and paint with a brush onto a terrain:-

The targets array should not be used inside OnSceneGUI or OnPreviewGUI. Use the single target property instead.
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

And

UnityException: Texture 'Texture' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
    T4MExtendsSC.Painter () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MExtendsSC.cs:118)
    T4MExtendsSC.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MExtendsSC.cs:40)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI ()
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI ()
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

The last one seems to indicate a texture that needs to be write enabled but which one?

48. Tiles

Tiles

arkon, most probably it`s the splatmap that makes trouble here. Do you use a selfmade one? If so then switch in the texture settings to Advanced, choose ARGB32, and tick read, write enabled. Another known troublepoint is when the mesh doesn`t use the same geometry as a collider.

Azert2k, i have a little problem here. I need to switch the camera at runtime. For that i deactivate the one camera and activate the other. But the billboarding still hangs at the old camera when i switch to my other camera. How do i tell T4M that i use another camera now? There is not really a component that i could access.

EDIT: workaround: always set the old camera to position and rotation of new camera. A direct way would be nicer though :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  49. Tiles

Tiles

More trouble ahead. I tried to create a lod tree. This worked. Then i have placed this tree in the scene. And then i clicked the activate button for lod. No luck -.-

There is no slot to assign a variable at the T4MLodObjSC script. What went wrong here?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  50. Ivik-Nier

Ivik-Nier

I has a problem with T4M. I'm placing T4M 5 (6) textures on my terrain and start painting. Whenever I'm trying to paint with texture on 5-6 layer it starts paint 4th layer instead or 5-6 layer with a 4th layer facet.
    $T4M_glitch.jpg
    Trying to do different things (randomly clicking on materials. changing materials. resetting and whatsoever) nothing helped.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013