Search Unity

T4M Black Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Ecocide

Ecocide

Did you click on the unitypackage file in the '_Fix_For_Unity4" folder?

2. Tiles

Tiles

Ah, there is a fix available? Thanks for the hint. Will test tomorrow :)

3. Ecocide

Ecocide

Yes, just double-click the package, it'll replace something automatically and everything works fine :)

4. gringo2012

gringo2012

Hello

Quick question. If it has been asked before, my appologies.
    Is there a way I can change the resolution of the mask texture? Right now whatever I do it is always at 512x512.
    Is there any way to set it to 1024x1024 or more?

For large terrains this looks awful. I know I can split the terrain in several meshes but I'd prefere to keep 1 material and not several.
    With a map at 1024x1024 the terrain would look much much better.

Thanks

5. Cleve-Blakemore

Cleve-Blakemore

Great terrain editor at a megacheap price here:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2102

Does overhangs and cliffs. I have successfully done a small cave with this tool and imported it correctly into T4M.

Thought I'd post this here for developers used to looking at $200.00 + terrain editors. This is much cheaper and is more than adequate for mobile devices.

6. SJAM

SJAM

Hi All,

Sorry for late.

@gringo
    Yes you can, in the source code. Look in a previous post, I give the tips.

@Cleve
    Wow, good new, thank for this information
    I use earthsculptor 59$ the pro version. It can optimize the terrain to create a really good optimized ground. Simple, easy, and good price.

7. sleglik

sleglik

I have Nexus 7 and terrain texture shader looks really awfull. Same game on Nexus S looks good. Does anybody have same problem with Nexus 7?

8. stuatk

stuatk

problem, i've run both the "fix" packages and still get this problem:

Assets/T4M/Scripts/T4MBEtoSC.cs(10,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `T4MObj' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Theres several lines like these, I dont want to waste any more time copying them, I'm sure you know why this is happening, can you give me a quick fix please.

9. stuatk

stuatk

ok, worked out previous problem. Now a new one.

Ive got 2 models next to each other in the scene each with different textures (shader1 2 blend).
    One of them is the master.

I can paint on the none-master object fine, then I select the master object but the 'brush preview' still appears on the other model, so I can't see where I'm painting.

basically just put two models side by side, two different textures (both shader1 2 blend) and try to swap between them a paint textures. It doesn't work.

More time wasted. Any ideas?

[edit] Even if I deactivate the second model in the scene, I can't paint on the first!
    UPDATE: Even if I DELETE the first model I still can't paint on the first!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. miniduck

miniduck

Hi azert2k!

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find any while searching,

I'm currently updating unity terrain height and texture maps during runtime. Is this somehow supported in T4M?

Thanks!

11. stuatk

stuatk

another problem.

Created my own custom brush.

Decided I did not need it anymore. So I deleted it from the project window.

T4M threw errors complaining the Array Index was out of range - basically there is NO way to delete a brush from the T4M editor and NO code to handle the number of brushes decreasing.

Another example of lack of testing.

Another waste of my time

12. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hi stuatk, I think that your words not give justice to this great tool.
    I personaly use this tool from the first version and I use this for businnes in commercial productions without any issue or, as you said, a Waste of time ...but unlike with a big time saving.

The custom brush issue... is true, it is a little bug but actually fixable closing and restarting T4M's tab after deleting the brush.

In my experience with this tool I found in the developer (azert2k/Stephan) a person always diponible offering a fast and resolutive support.

Regards

Max

13. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

I am seriously contemplating getting this package for use at the studio where I work, we are using Unity 4 and when I bring the demo into my scene it gives me errors if i try to paint anything on my mesh. I have seen already that there is a fix out for Unity 4 for the full paid version, but in order for me to justify this purchase to my bosses I need to be able to show it working inside Unity 4 before they will buy it for me. Could you please release the Unity 4 fix for the demo as well so that I can convince my bosses to buy this?

14. gecko

gecko

I'm having an odd problem with T4M: I have converted my Unity terrain to a T4M terrain, and I can see that the mesh is about 25k triangles. But when I play the scene, it seems to be twice that -- the Tris count in the Stats window drops by 50k when I disable the terrain. Same thing is happening with several different terrains -- it's always twice the tri count that the mesh shows in the inspector. Any suggestions?

15. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

Sorry for late, I was sick...

@Sleglik
    In fact, if the result is artefact on ground : is not the nexus 7 the problem but the graphic drivers. On Android, a lot of device had a really bad graphic drivers like a lot of Samsung device, and some device with Tegra3 chip. I asked to the Tiny Troopers creators, they say the same thing, they must cheat a few to do a game for all devices.
    No problem on iOS, on tegra2(exept bad performance of this device)

@gigolo
    No, if you want do that, you need to modify the mesh vertex position by script.

@Haagndaaz
    Sorry, but the demo don't work on Unity4

@gecko
    Look if you don't have more than one camera, or pixel light and keep me aware

@stuatk
    "Another example of lack of testing.". I rewrote twice the T4M (entirely), I'm alone on it, and you can find some bugs, I agree.
    I accept all reviews, but I don't like when someone tells me that I don't do my work correctly... is not because it don't work like you want, that there is a bug !

When I see the number of games bugged at release, due to the publisher, I laugh.
    Unity is bugged, Windows is bugged, Visual Studio is bugged, Maya is bugged, your published games are bugged... Lack of testing?

Sometime, this is the regressions, because a lot of customers ask me a lot of new things...

"Another waste of my time"
    Like your post, for me...Even the game studios that have used the T4M did not say that. They was happy to find a tool to accelerate their productivity.

You are free to ask the refund, is not because you are the Tomb Raider publisher (and others^^...), that you have the right to be an ass.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  16. gecko

gecko

It seems to be something with the directional light shadows -- after lightmapping, I still get 2x polycount on the terrain unless I disable shadows, even when I have the Directional Light culling set only to the player-character -- I guess that the cause of the problem, and I don't fully understand how that should work.

Another question: I have a somewhat large terrain, and after T4M conversion, there's no frustrum culling on the terrain. I've tried slicing the terrain using other tools, then converting it with T4M -- but the poly-reduction process means that the edges no longer line up. Is there any way to cut the terrain into smaller pieces AFTER the T4M conversion?

17. shanbhvr

shanbhvr

I just start using T4M. I have a few questions:

1. I use Unity Terrain to create a terrain (with 2 texture and some trees). But I found that the converted mesh seems been reduced lots of polygons, and doesn't look as good as the original one. Does it normal? It's good to optimized it, but it seems a bit too much.

2. It doesn't seem to convert the trees at all. So I must use your editor to add trees to the T4M object instead of bring the trees in from Unity terrain, right?

3. Say if I convert a Unity terrain to a T4M obj, and then paint on it, plant trees on it and so on. But what if later, I want to change the mesh to add more curve or so? Is it doable? Am I gonna lost all painting and trees after 2nd conversion?

18. Pauls

Pauls

Hi,
    Edit: the problem disappeared, but now the trees does not show when I click on "Play". I have just sent you an email

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  19. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

@gecko
    Yes, you need Maya or 3DS to slice the geometrie in part. After that, just import each part and convert nto T4M terrain all parts

@shanbhvr
    1) Yes its normal, at the conversion just increase the polygone value a little bit.

2)You right the T4M keep only the terrain not the grass and trees of Unity Terrain. Just create the terrain with Unity Terrain and convert it to do the rest in the T4M.

3)You can't modify the mesh in Unity but you can with Maya/3DS. Or you can also delete the old one, reconvert the modified terrain, and re-affect the material and trees to it.

@Paul
    Is just the cull layer, just increase value or deactivate it

Keep me aware

Best Regards

Stephane

20. ZINI-NGR

ZINI-NGR

hi, azert2k. I bought this asset yesterday and testing now. but i have a problem.(my unity ver. 4.0.1f2 and patched_ fix_for_Unity4)

Converted terrain is too many different from my origin terrain. when I converted terrain, It's rotated x:90 automatically and a part of terrain is disappear. My terrain is small size(terrain width=100,height=50,length=200).

I don't understand this problem. Plz tell me a reason and how to fix it.

P.S If I use Earthsculptor, the performance and feature is better than unity's terrain?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  21. janezveselko

janezveselko

I am trying T4M demo and i have a problem using it in my workflow. Problem is that painting does not work. Simply nothing happens.

My workflow is:
    -create terrain in external program
    -import it into blender
    -use blender file in unity

In unity i can't paint on mesh. But funny thing is that if i add simple mesh within blender (for example Grid) i can paint on it, but still not 100% correctly, on some areas it paints wrong.

What could possible go wrong with mesh that is imported from external program, i understand this should be supported? Here is example blend file with two meshes, one imported (paint does not work) and one created in blender (paint works, partially): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6Xcq0xw-BpV20wU0dUeHA5cUU/edit?usp=sharing

22. janezveselko

janezveselko

If I understand correctly problem is that my UV mapping is bigger then texture. So i have UV vertex with relative position outside 0,1 of texture. I use this to have nice texture repeat across all terrain.

Is this correct? Do i have to scale my UV to fit texture?

23. Tiles

Tiles

Your UV needs to be within 0 and 1 for a T4M Terrainmesh. The texture repeating is done with T4M and the splattingshader then, which uses a Splatmap to mix your terrain textures. And this one should not repeat itself. Or you paint your terrain textures at several positions at once.

24. janezveselko

janezveselko

OK, thanx for info.

One more question. I have quite large terrain and painting is not really precise. I have to use brush size 1 and still not enough precision. Are there some tricks? Maybe i could split mesh on more smaller meshes and then could have bigger scale for uv. Or are there any other easier tricks?

25. SJAM

SJAM

Hi All,

Sorry for late Janez and thank Tiles again ;)

@ZINI - NGR
    In fact with earthsculptor, you can make your terrain easy, and export the mesh with a powerfull geometrie optimisation (Use Lod setup at export). After that just convert into T4M (on a mesh the T4M keep exactly the original geometrie), and paint/plant etc...

Best Regards

Stephane

26. Team-Beachbum

Team-Beachbum

Hey there...

I just upgraded to Unity 4 but T4M doesn't seem to want to work anymore. I deleted the entire T4M folder and tried re-importing it but it still throws a bunch of errors at me. I read the "READMEFIRST" file and unfortunately the T4MTool doesn't show up at all.

Here are the errors I'm getting:

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(1000,52): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.EditorUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetAssetPreview' (26 counts of this error starting at 1000,52 and ending at 1469,53)

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,127): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions' does not contain a definition for `TryFastReimportFromMetaData'

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,39): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.ImportAsset(string, UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,39): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions'

and here are some warnings:

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(2287,46): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', 'vert': function return value missing semantics (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 39

Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 60

Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 71

Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 72

Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 96

Hopefully this is actually just something I'm doing wrong and can easily be fixed. :oops:

Thank you!
    -DC

27. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Apply the U4 fix present in your assets/t4m/_Fix_for_Unity 4 folder

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  28. Team-Beachbum

Team-Beachbum

This works in a fresh scene but unfortunately did not work in the scene I was working on. I have a feeling it's something else going on in my scene that's crapping out on me. I was hoping if I gave the errors from my scene then it might give a clue.

Thanks for the response!
    -DC

29. brianleake

brianleake

Please can you confirm this tools is compatible with Unity 4.x, any issues to be aware of?

Thanks,

--Brian.

30. tripknotix

tripknotix

i have the same issue , did not try the fix, just commented out all the issues

31. Team-Beachbum

Team-Beachbum

Ok I figured out a hacky way to get it to work in my scene.

See if this works for you guys:

In a NEW PROJECT import T4MSC.

Import the Unity 4 fix package.

Verify that the tool will now work in the empty scene/project.

Export the T4M folder as a package.

Load the project you're working on and import the recently exported package. It worked for me!

-DC

32. sicklepickle

sicklepickle

I've been having a strange issue with the Painter not showing the brush or actually doing any painting.
    (Unity 3.5, Static object, same mesh for collider and renderer, lightmaps on\off, writeable texture, etc )

After searching through T4MExtendsSC.cs and replacing line 103

Code (csharp):
    1. if(Physics.Raycast(terrain, out raycastHit, Mathf.Infinity,layerMask)){
    with

Code (csharp):
    1. if ( Physics.Raycast( terrain, out raycastHit, Mathf.Infinity ) ) {
    It seemed to fix the issue. Prior to adding trees, I used to be able to toggle the mesh collider on and off, but it finally became completely unresponsive.
    Seems to be working now though :)

On a lighter note.. fantastic plugin, thanks!

33. bpeterson

bpeterson

I've run into an issue with T4M in 4.0. We've updated with the 4.0 fix and it functioned correctly initially. However, when we next tried to edit the terrain the GUI for the T4MSC window disappears. I can click on where the paint icon is without the GUI visible and it crashes T4M completely. This is the same behavior that happened with the Black Edition before we updated with the Unity 4.0 fix. The error it is throwing me is:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    T4MSC.PixelPainterMenu () (at Assets/3rd Party Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:1352)
    T4MSC.PainterMenu () (at Assets/3rd Party Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:2325)
    T4MSC.OnGUI () (at Assets/3rd Party Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:452)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

We've tried reimporting the plugin and we've also tried the trick Team Beachbum posted with no result. Any help would be appreciated.

34. Xinity

Xinity

Hi, is there are Shader coming packaged with T4M that supports 4 Texttures a lightmap and (optionally) a normal map?

35. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, all

I tried the T4M (fixed applied) on Unity 4.1.2, it work perfectly for me, so I will send the package on the assetstore this weekend. This package will be only for Unity 4.

@Xinity
    Hi,
    yes you can find a 4 Texttures a lightmap shader, but only 3 Texttures for normal map. (Limit of opengles2 devices)

When you have a problem on existing scene, but not on a blank scene . The problem is in Library folder. So just, export your project by package, create a new project, and import your package in it. Install the package of T4M, and all works fine.

I hope that will fix the problems for those who have a problem.

36. topofsteel

topofsteel

Is it possible to edit the mesh outside of Unity and not loose texturing and object placement? Also, are there any procedural object and texturing programs that work with T4M like Terrain Mapper? Thanks.

37. Tiles

Tiles

Hi azert2K,

Unity 4.1.2. I have a big problem here which i have nailed down to the script that is attached to the T4M trees. Application.Quit(); leads to a crash when the group with the trees is activated. The app quits fine without a crash though when the group with the trees is off. Any ideas about this?

Additional info, i have of course imported the sources code edition and applied the Unity 4 fix. What is a bit curious is that the script that is attached is a encrypted dll. Shouldn`t it be a unencrypted file in the sources code edition?

EDIT, ah nevermind. it`s not a problem with your plugin. It`s a bug with the Unity tree creator trees. I have removed your script at a test tree. And even then it crashes. Now let`s have a look to isolate the problem into a single scene and send a bug report to Unity for that. Not that i have high hopes that they fix this crashbug. The necessary fixes at the Tree Creator gets ignored since years :(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  38. Tiles

Tiles

Hm, i need nevertheless a bit help here. I noticed that i have two versions of T4m now in my project. The T4M Black Edition and the T4M Sourcescode Edition. What do i need to do to get rid of the T4M Black Edition? And what about all the scripts? They all points towards the encrypted scripts at the moment. Do i need to fix them manually, and replace them by the ones from the Sourcecodes Edition?

39. topofsteel

topofsteel

I cannot get the painter to work correctly. I was having this problem before, then everything started to work correctly. Now it doesn't. I can see the texture I plan to paint under the brush, but it does not paint to the terrain. I've changed the shaders and messed with the settings endlessly. Very frustrating. How can I fix this? Thanks.

40. Tiles

Tiles

Have you changed the collider of the terrain mesh? It wants the original collider for the terrain mesh or it doesn`t work. That was at least for me always the trouble point.

41. topofsteel

topofsteel

The issue turned out to me the UV map. I'm trying to find a balance between setting the U and V tile on the UVW modifier (Max) and the material tiling in the T4M GUI. Setting it too high in Max was causing the problem. My mesh is 1000x1000. What settings do you use?

Edit: leaving it at 1 and controlling it in Unity seems to give the best results.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  42. Tiles

Tiles

UV needs indeed to be at 1 for the terrain. You don´t want to tile the splatmap :)

43. bpeterson

bpeterson

Any word on when the update will hit the Asset Store? Currently it's still saying that January was the most recent update.

44. Tiles

Tiles

I think i have read here at the board that something is broken at the Asset Store currently. I guess we have to be patient.

45. SJAM

SJAM

Sorry Tiles, sorry all people.

I have a big problem with email notifications and another job who take my full time in week. To have a faster response, please contact me by email.

In the new package you have a patch to do that automaticly : T4MBEtoSC.unitypackage. After that, you can apply the Unity 4 fix, and delete the old version dll files.

And again, I thank you a lot for your assistance, ! and I'm sorry for delay.

@bpeterson
    The new version is an already patched version for Unity 4. You can already apply the fix in the current package. The new version will be in assetstore this week.

For better support, contact me by email, and please, don't forget your invoice number for the persons that I don't know.

You can find the explanations, in the READMEFIRST txt file.

Best Regards

Stéphane 'Azert2k' JAMIN

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  46. Tiles

Tiles

The fix is already applied. Do i need to repeat this step then?

And i have eight levels with plants. Do i need to repeat the procedure for every level?

That`s the trouble part. I cannot find the dll that is mentioned in the readme. And the scripts at the plants are still the encrypted ones. And when i try to do the job manually then everything breaks.

It would be nice to have a exact list of what files needs to be removed, including path :)

47. Tiles

Tiles

I think i have it working now. To delete was the T4Mscripts.dll in the Scripts folder, and the T4MBEtoSC.cs plus the T4MEditor.dll in the Editor folder, right? Have i something forgotten?

I have also removed the T4MPlantObj scripts, and have replaced them manually with the T4MPlantObjSC scripts. The billobard scripts did replace automatically with the script, but not the T4MPlants scripts. And everything seems to work this time. Phew :)

48. SJAM

SJAM

Good !

You right sorry :)

T4M Sources Edition 2.3 soon (I have some difficult to connect me at the asset store with U4.1.2)

This Update is for Unity 4.1.2 only.

Fixed :
    -Loss of T4M Terrain material is fixed
    -Demo Scene is fixed.

Added :
    -Add CheckBoxes to activate the preview of LOD/BillBoard and LayerCullDistance, in edition mode in the menu
    -Button to cleaning T4M hidden objects who still on the scene.

Changed :
    Package already patched for Unity 4.1.2

49. BeerNuts

BeerNuts

You should really make a better tutorial video. Its impossible to follow a 40min video of dead silence watching what you are doing the whole time. Silent videos only work for very shot things that don't need explanations.

I downloaded the demo and imported it, loaded the video stared blankly at it for 4mins and deleted the demo.

50. imtrobin

imtrobin

Hi, can you please send to those who bought from you directly, thanks.