Search Unity

T4M Black Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all and sorry for the late (I did not recieved the notification by email again)

So,
    @Hamesh81
    For now, EasyRoad is not compatible with mesh terrain like T4M, but only for Unity Terrain. I think Raoul (easyroad creator) work on it, but he send me a mail for that.
    For the cave, yes you can, like Sjm tech (max), you can use a 3D software to create terrain for architectural representation, and use the T4M in Unity to paint the cave/ground, planting , etc... you can look his beautifull creations at this link : http://www.sjmtech.net/show_gh_en.html using the T4M.

@Tiles
    Thank for help,I appreciate that :)

@MoHoe
    Customize your own shader is a good idea, I not a shader programmator, so I think my shader are not optimal (ex : problem like artefact on texture on some mobile device do not exist in the game "Tiny Troopers", I think they make their own shaders)
    I will ask, if they can give me an exemple.

@Kastar Troy
    Non-square is good too, just I forget to look that since the time. The converter is very basic, and don't support a lot of things, like mesh optimization, non-square terrain. You can just choose the final definition of the terrain converted.

At start of this project, I would not add this feature, because it was created to be used with imported meshes. A lot of customers never use this feature, they prefer import a custom meshes for best result and best optimisation of mesh.

The best way for the best result is earthsculptor (http://www.earthsculptor.com/), you can export a wonderfull terrain with LOD, and an incredible mesh optimisation.
    I would never get such a result !
    It is the best way for mobile device.

@Imtrobin
    You can find the fix in the last package package ("_Fix_for_Unity4") , just click on it to install.

Best Regards

Stephane

2. Mars91

Mars91

I'm going to upgrade my Android/iOS license. Is the last version on T4M compatible with Unity4?

3. SJAM

SJAM

yes, the fix is inclued in the last version

4. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Wow, that link has some really beautiful work, thanks for that.

In regards to the LOD Billboard system, if I am using assets intended for a Unity terrain (plants, trees etc) that have LOD's/billboards when used with the Unity Terrain; do I still need to create new LOD's billboards to work with the T4M mesh terrain?

When painting textures on the mesh terrain, do the existing uvs or topology of the terrains mesh have any effect on how the texture is applied when painting? For example if I have a flat 1m X 1m area that is dense with many triangles and then the same area but with much less triangles, will the texture be affected (stretched,/distorted) by this at all during the painting process?

5. imtrobin

imtrobin

Hi, is there a way to download with the demo? The update only gets the package. The demo I have is old v1

6. Simmo76

Simmo76

Hi,

I'm using T4M with Unity 4 pro and the controls seem to have disappeared. Actually some are showing and others are invisible.

Also, the paint tab throws an error whenever I switch to it:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    T4MSC.PixelPainterMenu () (at Assets/3rdParty/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:1352)
    T4MSC.PainterMenu () (at Assets/3rdParty/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:2325)
    T4MSC.OnGUI () (at Assets/3rdParty/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:452)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/3df08680c6f85295/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

7. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

The folder of the T4M, must be on the root , not in 3rdparty folder by default , just move the folder and go. Or edit the editor script of T4M, and change the variables of the path

8. ChrisSpears

ChrisSpears

I'm also seeing the error with GetAssetPreview can I get the fix?

9. SJAM

SJAM

If you use the last version of Unity 4 + fix you can't have this problem.

If you use Unity 3.5.x this problem appears only when you apply the fix (not needed in this version)

10. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

TWO YEARS i have been asking for you guys to work together... STILL NOTHING?!?! thats so crazy...

11. Rafael-Costa

Rafael-Costa

Hi,

is there any chance to release a version of the Demo with the Unity 4 fix?

I am trying to evaluate the tool but since I am using Unity 4, I am not able to do it.

Thanks,

Rafael Costa

12. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

I will try to make that soon, I haven't the time in this moment, but I will see that.

13. KyleOlsen

KyleOlsen

We seem to be having the same issue as Simmo76 does above us. The only difference being that we do have T4M placed at our root directory:

Code (csharp):
    1. IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    2. T4MSC.InitPreview () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:1397)
    3. T4MSC.PixelPainterMenu () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:1125)
    4. T4MSC.PainterMenu () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:2325)
    5. T4MSC.OnGUI () (at Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs:452)
    6. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/3df08680c6f85295/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    We are using Unity 4.0.0f7 and have applied the "Fix for unity 4" patch.

14. devme

devme

Hey i'm getting an error in unity with T4M, I'm running Unity version 3.5.0.f5

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(576,38): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.ModelImporter' does not contain a definition for `optimizeMesh' and no extension method `optimizeMesh' of type `UnityEditor.ModelImporter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

does T4M requrie a new version of Unity

15. usersen

usersen

Hi
    I am using the 4 texture for mobile shader on large custom level geometry. I want to blend a stone tile texture into a ground texture and use the blending to "cut out" individual stones. Since my geometry is so large the blendmap resolution is not high enough to support this. I tried increasing the standard 512 blendmap image in photoshop to a 1024 or 2048 but I dont notice any difference when painting on it, Is their any way to increase the resolution of the Blendmap?

Overall this has been a great tool for me.

16. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all, WTF... I never recieved the notifications by email !!!!

@KyleOlsen
    Weird, can you send me the scene by email, please (azert2k@gmail.com).
    Have you try on blank project, to see if your scene is not corrupt?
    Keep me aware

@devme
    I don't remember exactly but yes, you need the 3.5.5 version minimum or latest

@usersen
    By default and like UnityTerrain the T4M use 512*512 blend texture... You can change that manualy in the source code :

Edit the T4MSC.cs in the Editor folder

For UnityTerrain to T4M line 3389 - 3390
    Code (csharp):
    1. Texture2D NewMaskText = new Texture2D (512, 512,  TextureFormat.ARGB32, true);
    2. Color[] ColorBase = new Color[512 * 512];
    and change by :
    Code (csharp):
    1. Texture2D NewMaskText = new Texture2D (1024, 1024,  TextureFormat.ARGB32, true);
    2. Color[] ColorBase = new Color[1024* 1024];
    Same thing for object to T4M at the line 3560 - 3561

@All
    TO BE CLEAR
    At this time Easy Road is not compatible with the T4M, and maybe never. Easy Road is based on Unity Terrain only and I can not do anything to change this.
    So if you plan to use EasyRoad, don't buy the T4M.

In the description of both tools, we never said that they can be use together, and so, we are not responsible of your disapointment about that.

Thank.

Happy Holidays !

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  17. hxx2010

hxx2010

TRY THE DEMO (2.2.0b)
    unity3d 4.0f7

on click painter button show error

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.EditorUtility.GetAssetPreview'.
    T4MBE.PixelPainterMenu ()
    T4MBE.PainterMenu ()
    T4MBE.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/3df08680c6f85295/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

18. SJAM

SJAM

Hello Hxx2010,

Sorry, for now, the demo doesn't work on Unity 4, but only on Unity 3.5.5 minimum.

19. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

Hi i have a problem with T4M, im doing a desktop game, i dont need much optimisations like for mobile so i tried to increase Close/middle/far distance view
    but i have already a kind of blurry effect circle on the ground textures how can i get rid of that? i cant find how to increase the distance value for have better quality texture display

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  20. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

In fact its not the T4M, its just that your texture have a aniso level too low.

Just click on the texture and in the inspector menu increase the aniso level, the blur disappears.

21. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

How would I assign the "Scene Camera" if I am using many cameras in the scene? My character uses several cameras which can be switched to (Front camera, side camera, shoulder camera etc). Would the LOD and Billboarding still work if I change the camera during runtime?

I am seriously considering to buy this, but would like this cleared up first :)

22. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

Possible, you need to reattribute the new camera on T4MObjSC.PlayerCamera each time you want, I think the algorithm will make his job correctly.

Keep me aware

Stephane

Edit : I just try, work perfecly

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  23. SJAM

SJAM

24. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

So there is a script where the "Scene Camera" is referenced? So I would need to access that from my camera switching script using GetComponent and assign the correct camera is that correct? Just want to make sure this is possible before I make my purchase ;)

25. SJAM

SJAM

You can add in your script

Carrefull, C# only !

You need to modify the T4MObjSC script because the layer are affected on the camera, you need to attribute that at all in the script

26. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Ok I will try this for the camera and let you know. Thanks for your advice so far, appreciate it.

Also just checking, the "One Drawcall" is only for the terrain right? If I plant trees, grass etc it will be more than one drawcall is that correct? For example if I have a terrain with 20 trees, I will have 21 drawcalls?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  27. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, yes, concern only the terrain of course.

Happy new year at all !

28. usersen

usersen

Hi, thanks for replying. I cannot seem to access the file you mentioned, I have the source code edition v2.2.8 and looked through all the folders but did not find T4MSC.cs just the compiled .dll files? I am not a coder at all so maybe I just dont know how to open the files?

-Happy New Year

29. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

If you have the last version(source édition) you need to delete the DLL files of blackedition.

The last version have no DLL, all scripts are not compiled

30. marcaurelio74

marcaurelio74

Hi,
    is compatible with the navmesh system of unity?
    Thanks

31. usersen

usersen

I got it figured out now, thanks!

32. SJAM

SJAM

@marcaurelio74

I don't know, I didn't try nav mesh and I don't know how it works. But I think yes, because nav mesh is not based on UnityTerrain...

33. marcaurelio74

marcaurelio74

Ok, i tried the demo version (unity 3.5) with navmesh, it works very well!
    last question :
    is stable with unity 4?

Thanks

34. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, yes no problem with Unity 4, the fix is in package

35. megisto

megisto

Hello,

don't know if this has been asked before. I don't know how to increase the resolution of the splat maps.

Also it seems that the painted splat maps are bigger then the brush preview.

My version is 2.2.7.

Thank you

36. guyal

guyal

Is the T4M terrain data modifiable at runtime? If so, is that directly supported, e.g. an equivalent to Get/Set Heights, or would it be "you have the source, anything's possible"? How about more "radical" modifications, compared to what's possible in built-in terrain, e.g. creating overhangs and holes?

I'm modifying built-in terrain at runtime using the usual methods for heightmaps and tiling, but T4M offers better performance generally, and with a mesh I could hypothetically do more radical modification...if its possible and not a bad idea performance-wise. Merci.

37. SJAM

SJAM

@All
    For Support, I need your Invoice number, to avoid to help the persons who have the T4M illegaly, and so, loose my time for nothing.

So, I suggest you to contact me by email or PM, with your name and Invoice number please : azert2k@gmail.com

Thank for understanding..

@Guyal
    The T4M Terrain geometrie is a single mesh. You can create script for interact with geometrie. The T4M don't allow to modify the Terrain directly.

I'm not sure to understand exactly what you ask, so if you need more informations, explains me more, please.

Best Regards

Stephane

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  38. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

Hi, I dont know if it is me but i feel its not very easy to paint/sculpt maps in details.

is it possible to request features like:

better tools for detailing maps
    tools for blending section of maps between them

39. SJAM

SJAM

The blending system is based on Unity Terrain, same thing... same result on both...

40. sooshicat

sooshicat

I am thinking about buying this but i have some questions-
    How does this work if I have a very large and detailed terrain- for example a free roaming RPG such as Skyrim?
    Will it load the entire terrain at once? or is there a setting to load only certain sections?

Thank you, this looks like a really useful and great asset :)

41. SJAM

SJAM

Hi and thank :)

For mobile or web/PC?

42. sooshicat

sooshicat

For PC please :)

43. SJAM

SJAM

So you can use a single mesh if you want or many for more details, your choice.
    The best way to do a good large terrain it's earthsculptor or others terrain tools. So, you can optimize, slice in part to have the result of you need. The T4M will do the rest.

44. sooshicat

sooshicat

Ooo sounds good, thank you!

45. Krum79

Krum79

Will there be an update for 4.0 available soon?

Works fine on 3.5 for me, but on 4.0 I get the error "MissingMethodException: Method not found 'UnityEditor.EditorUtility.GetAssetPreview'."

Its a great workflow, regardless. Great job, Azert :)
    We will definitely be using T4M on my companies next project.

46. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

It is already available (v2.2.8)...apply the U4 fix present in your assets/t4m/_Fix_for_Unity 4 folder

47. Krum79

Krum79

48. angel_m

angel_m

I have noticed, when preparing the terrain mesh (converted with T4M), for lightmapping with Beast in Unity, the generation of lightmapping UVs takes a very long time on the terrain mesh (even on low detail terrain meshes). Have you noticed this also?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  49. walklook

walklook

hi azert2k,
    I am from wistone and I have bought your T4M. I also meet some problems of lightmapping. I have sent you an email for the details and waiting for your reply, please answer me ASAP, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  50. Tiles

Tiles

I have upgraded my project from 3.57 to Unity 4.0.1 today. And have loaded the new T4M version, the one with the source code. But i get a bunch of errors when importing the new package.

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(1469,53): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.EditorUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetAssetPreview'
    Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,127): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions' does not contain a definition for `TryFastReimportFromMetaData'
    Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,39): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.ImportAsset(string, UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions)' has some invalid arguments
    Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,39): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions'

Plus a bunch of shader warnings

Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', 'vert': function return value missing semantics (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 39
    Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 60
    Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 71
    Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 72
    Shader warning in 'T4MShaders/ShaderModel2/Unlit/T4M World Projection Shader + LM': Program 'vert', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 96

Seems that i have to continue with the old version for now.

Could you please have a look at it? :)