Search Unity

T4M Black Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

I will see that tonight(french hours), I need to try that.

I keep you aware

Stephane

2. SJAM

SJAM

Thank Tiles :)

@Angel
    I don't have this issue, have you this problem after the update the Black edition to Sources Codes edition ?

Because you can have some problems with that, if you don't use the T4M tool to replace the Black edition scripts by the new scripts.

If the problem persist, you can remove manually the script on the T4M object, reconvert it with the T4M, and replace the new material by the old material.

Keep me aware, if you don't know how make that.

After that, you should not have the problem

Stéphane

3. Rastar

Rastar

Hi,

another question regarding tiled terrains and T4M...

When I import my terrain tiles as heightmaps from World Machine, they have closed seams (visible, but that could be improved using smoothing from Terrain Edge or self scripted):

$Pre.jpg

However, after converting them to T4M meshes they have large gaps betweem them, that I cannot really cover using props and don't want to since I have many tiles (up to 64):

$After.jpg

Isn't there a way around this issue? I, too, would like to use EasyRoads, so (at least currently) have to use Unity Terrain to start with. Couldn't the mesh generation be more constrained by the edges? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks, regards,
    Hauke

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  4. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, sorry for late... The best way to make that is to create a terrain in a software like earthsculptor, because the simplification of unity terrain when you convert it, dont keep a correct precision.

Keep me aware

Best Regards

Stephane

5. JDMulti

JDMulti

Recently purchased the Terrain 4 Mobile, actually just 5 minutes ago. I'm tried the demo version without problems, but the one from the asset store gives me an error I can't fix.

In a current project but clean from previous T4M versions, I convert an existing self modelled terrain to T4M, as soon I go in game I get this error message:

HTML:
    UnassignedReferenceException: The variable PlayerCamera of 'T4MObnjSC' has not been assigned. You probably need to assign the PlayerCamera variable of the T4MObjSC script in the inspector

Also when I launch T4M first time in my project, it gives me a huge amount of errors in the Editor GUI. Which I only can bypass by closing the Tab, so error stop comming up. And relaunch the T4M tool, then it works fine, except on the ingame error I still get.

I hope this can be fixed, because I'm using this tool for a project I need to finish today. :/

6. JDMulti

JDMulti

Sorry I fixed it now, it was about the fact I have multiple camera's in my scene. I don't have any camera active until the game starts, then a camera is set active. Until then, an error comes up.

However the first time loading T4M with Unity3D Editor GUI error is still there.

Another bug I found, is the platmap painting. As soon I start painting a texture over the another, it seams that here and there some random brushes are being places at places where I haven't been with my brush. This this a common problem?
    For example. I have my terrain base texture grass and on that I paint a road with a dirt map. As soon I start painting this road. somewhere else on the terrain I see single brush hits on my terrain with this dirt texture. I haven't even hovered my mouse over those places.
    At the end I end up brushing grass over these places, it's really anoying, since I have to check all the time my terrain if there aren't random brushes being placed.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  7. angel_m

angel_m

I have tried that but the painting feature is not working :(

8. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

So, your problems are very weird...

I think you need to try on blank scene, to see if you have the same problem and can compare for why you have this problem.

Give me the version of T4M that you use.

Keep me aware soon.

Stephane

9. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

I wasn't sure what to expect, but really wanted to give terrain a try.

It works great! Performance is great on mobiles and the painting / Unity terrain conversion is excellent. I hope you continue to improve T4M.

10. Dreeka

Dreeka

One question.
    Is it possible to move/rotate the trees while playing? For example, when a tank is colliding with a tree, I want the tree to fall down.

11. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,
    @Evildingo
    Thank a lot :)

@Dreeka
    yes, you can, because you can plant everything, just need to need to uncheck "static" on your tree prefab to use the tree like a classic object.

Best regards

Stephane

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  12. Dreeka

Dreeka

Thanks! :)

13. SJAM

SJAM

Good news : http://blogs.unity3d.com/2012/10/25/unity-serialization/

Finally,I can keep all values of the T4M variables with that. So I will make an update very soon.

Most of you will be happy.

Stephane

PS : I need to know if the T4M works on Unity 4 last beta, thank in advance

14. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

I just purchase T4M a minute ago for unity 4.0.0b7 ... no luck mate, here is the error msg below:

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(1000,52): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.EditorUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetAssetPreview'

I know you didn't mention it being compatible with U4 beta so I'm not complaining. Just wondering if this is an easy fix for you?
    do you think there will be a fix soon? if not soon then can you give me a estimate on how long? just need to know if it's worth waiting or to try another ext

Kind Regards
    J.

15. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, the T4M is not compatible with beta and unity 4f3 yet... Between Unity3 and Unity4, some class changes, so I wait the final release to update the T4M.
    For now you must use Unity 3.5.6.

Don't worry, thr T4M will be compatible with Unity4 final version ;)

Best regards

Stephane

16. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

Wow that was a quick reply :) And thank you.

I look forward to the update.. From what I have read it sounds like you have done a fantastic job. I have a lot of respect for innovators like yourself and the people that contributed to the development of this software.

Keep going at it :)

Kind Regards
    Joe

17. WeBee3D

WeBee3D

Hi JDMulti,
    We are having this camera exception too. How did you fix this?

We are crashing on device:

0x2435a8: blls 0x243994 ; T4MObjSC_Awake + 1528
    0x2435ac: vcvt.f32.f64s0, d2
    0x2435b0: vstr s0, [r0, #132]
    0x2435b4: ldr r1, [r10, #32]
    0x2435b8: mov r0, r1
    0x2435bc: ldr lr, [r1]
    0x2435c0: bl 0x2aefb0 ; plt_UnityEngine_Component_get_camera
    0x2435c4: mov r2, r0
    0x2435c8: ldr r1, [r10, #48]

The problem is obviously in the T4MObjSC.Awake() method. We don't have ANY active cameras active at scene load time, as all our cameras are attached to prefabs which are loaded from the Resources folder under script control. How can we work around this?

Since the Awake() method is trying to find a Camera with an audio Listener attached, and we don't have one at the time the Awake() method runs, the PlayerCamera is null when it tries to assign culling distances.

Further, it would seem wise to verify that T4MObjSC.PlayerCamera is not null in that section of code before attempting to assigning the culling distances. You could instead issue a Debug.LogError().

Many thanks in advance.

18. JDMulti

JDMulti

As the error says, you need to assign a camera to the T4M plugin. When you don't have any camera active in your scene, this error will keep popping up.
    I had this problem when I set all my camera's to inactive by default and set 1 active trough a camera switcher. In that one frame this one camera wasn't active, it spit out this error.
    So you need at least 1 camera active to make this going away.

19. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all, thank JDmulti

So, yes you need a camera on scene a start if you use Lod or billboard. If not the case, just comment the lines and deactivate this features

Keep me aware if you need help.

Stephane

20. vincez

vincez

When I convert the Unity terrain my T4M terrain gets rotated 90 degres so the Z point down the X axis. Is it possible to convert with the orientation the same as the Unity terrain?

21. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, in fact the convertor make a .obj object, to keep the same rotation of the original terrain, I need to rotate the prefab to 90degres. When you import this type of file the coordonates in Unity are not corrects, I don't know for why. The fbx repect this, not obj.

I will investigate if I can cheat to correct that

22. vincez

vincez

Tanks for quick response. Great product!

23. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

Hi Stephane,

Have you heard anything yet regarding the problem with the texture blending? Our project is close to being finished, and we still need a solution.

I heard that one option is to use vertex colors and / or vertexalpha instead of a RGBA map. What are you're thoughts on that? Could you perhaps make such a shader, so we can use T4M to paint the textures?

Greetings,
    Thomas

24. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

Ow, just to clarify, this happens only to the base texture. The 2nd texture doesn't have the distortion. Maybe that will help? :)

25. SJAM

SJAM

Thank Thomas I will see that

26. gtzpower

gtzpower

Hello there, I bought T4M a couple of weeks ago. I was curious if there is any way to collapse the texture painting into one graphic instead of the 4 separate images and the RGBA. I find that one image on my terrain mesh with a mobile shader works quite a bit better than the T4M mobile shader supporting 4 texture layers (5-10 FPS difference on iPod touch 4th Gen),

27. magarcan

magarcan

I'm working with free version:

What does the option "ATS Mobile foliage" in MyT4M menu do? I'm following the written tutorial and does not appears anything about it.

Thanks!!

28. SJAM

SJAM

Hi, thank to use the T4M
    I need to make a roadmap...

@gtzpower
    If I have time, I will do that, I don't know how, but I will see.

@magarcan
    I don't remember if I had added this feature on demo version, but if is the case, it is in second tab.

Best Regards

Stephane

29. Itchy-Games

Itchy-Games

hi there.

when you release an update compatible with Unity 4? the editor code have some issues in this version.

30. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

I will released the Unity 4 package this weekend... :)

31. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Great!..this gives me a push to start developing my new project with unity 4!

32. SJAM

SJAM

Hi Max

Yep ;)

I have already fix the problem with Unity4, but I need to make some tests before send the files.

33. SJAM

SJAM

The update is sended : Same package with the Unity 4 Fix pack

34. uncle-TIN

uncle-TIN

update already?
    now have normal map shader for terrial?
    what time i can update?

35. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

This update is for fix the problem with Unity 4.

Maybe I don't understand but, the T4M you have already the normal map shaders in the package.

For others update I need some time yet.

36. uncle-TIN

uncle-TIN

thanks hope update come faster :)
    i very need this tool for u4d 4.0

37. angel_m

angel_m

Updated to U4 fix pack version but I get a lot of errors about definitions warnings in scripts. Is there any special instruction to update to last version?
    By the way I don't have any problem with previous version in U4, so I am using that.

38. SJAM

SJAM

Hi Angel,

The Class of Unity4 has changed so you must have this type of error
    Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(1000,52): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.EditorUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetAssetPreview'

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(2287,46): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MSC.cs(3535,39): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.ImportAsset(string, UnityEditor.ImportAssetOptions)' has some invalid arguments

if you do not have these errors, you don't use the final version of Unity 4. (old version of T4M worked with Some beta, not last ones) and fix work only with last version.

I just tested twice and it work fine.

Keep me aware about that.

Stéphane

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  39. angel_m

angel_m

I am using the final version of Unity 4, and the errors (the same you pointed) are with the last version of TM4 but not with previous version. Strange, isn`t it?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  40. SJAM

SJAM

Yes, very strange...

In the package you will find the U4Fix, click on it, and install the package, you should not have these errors.

I just try again, no problem for me.

41. uncle-TIN

uncle-TIN

i using 2,28 t4m why cant add normal map in my object
    in shader mode cant see something have
    and i use substance marterial swith the normal map contro but nothing change

so how can i use normal map shader in t4m object
    i try to chose new shader but all fail

42. uncle-TIN

uncle-TIN

ok i just find that ,i forgot add light :D

43. uncle-TIN

uncle-TIN

glass can use windzone? seem not happen
    only tree can

44. SJAM

SJAM

45. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi, I own a copy of EasyRoads3D Pro and I was wondering if T4M is compatible with it? I really like making terrain roads with EasyRaods3D but I'm not sure if this would still be possible in T4M since the terrains are really meshes aren't they? Has anyone tested these two packages together?

46. Tiles

Tiles

This doesn not work. As you say, T4M uses a mesh, and Easyroads works at the Unity terrain.

Nobody stops you though from creating your roads at the terrain and then convert the terrain to T4M. I`ve used this method before. In best case you don`t even need to fix anything at the resulting mesh. In worst case you may need to fit some vertices to the proper height to fit to the road again.

47. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Thanks for that Tiles, good point.

I have another question, is it possible to create caves and overhanging cliffs with T4M? My guess is not using the editor painting inside Unity since that is more like the default Unity terrain tools, is that right? Has anyone done this successfully using an external modelling package? If so how does it effect the placement of trees, grass etc inside the cave, say on the cave walls or ceiling roof for example, do the trees rotate to match the normal of the surfaces?

48. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

Hello, I have a question about draw call ect

If I use a custom shader will that mean I lose the performance boost I get from T4M?

in other words, is the draw calls to do with the shader? it probably is but I just need to be sure.

Oh and another thing, I think T4M needs to have a comprehensive "video" tutorial covering every aspect of this plugin, and if you please add a voice over, it's more professional and better from a sales point of view.

49. Kastar-Troy

Kastar-Troy

I noticed you stated about a year ago that T4M would support rectangular terrains, has this been implemented yet? I'm on 2.2.2 and working on a platformer which only needs long rectangular terrain backgrounds, getting very annoying scaling my T4M terrains everytime I make a change to my terrain!

What's peoples stance on this? Are non-sqaure terrains bad? The brush and shaping tools get morphed to be rectangular too, it feels like I'm using Terrains the wrong way currently, should they always be square?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  50. imtrobin

imtrobin

Hi, I bought the package directly instead of assetstore, can u send the fix for U4?