Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

T.H.A.R.N. | Escape Room Styled Game NOW ON STEAM (1.79 USD)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Mwester, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Mwester

Mwester

Tharn is a small project I have been working on, and this is a short gameplay video to showcase what I have gotten done with it so far. The game is unfinished, so expect a few bugs in the video. Players will take on the role of Dan, a loving and law abiding citizen. After some disturbances in his neighborhood, Dan went to his local community's T.H.A.R.N. Facility (Tactical Human Assisted Research Network) to file a complaint. After being in a waiting room for hours, Dan decides to try to leave, but must face the labyrinth of the T.H.A.R.N. to do so. More of this game is planned to come in the future! The game is made to be similar to an escape room.

Link to STEAM page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/837270/Tharn/

Price with launch discount: 1.79 USD
    Price without launch discount: 2.99 USD

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. adambkehl

adambkehl

Do you have a download link to play?

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Damn nice use of 3D audio channels! The music and sfx moved from left to right, in front and behind me (wearing headphones) very believably.

4. Mwester

Mwester

Unfortunately not yet, as the game is still very unfinished. I am still constantly working on this, so I have no doubt that I will post an open beta download in the near future. Just make sure to keep your eye open for it!

adambkehl likes this.
  5. Mwester

Mwester

Thank you!

6. DerrickMoore

DerrickMoore

Tharn makes me think of Watership Down and rabbits...

I really like the art style and room design, the eye in the wall-screen.... I'd totally get rid of that Mona Lisa though, it's jarrinig

7. Mwester

Mwester

Thanks Derrick! Yea I am looking into making a better painting for the environment, so hopefully it will come out better.

8. Doug_B

Doug_B

I very much like the simple aesthetics. Is it your intention to target mobile platforms?
    I could see this game being quite captivating- the video shows the game to have a really nice pace and 'feel' to it - something to play at leisure rather than frantic key bashing / screen jabbing.

9. Mwester

Mwester

Mobile is not currently on my to do list, but the casual laid-back gaming feel is exactly what I am trying to do with Tharn. Thanks for the comments!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  10. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Mwester
    Very cool surround sounds, the music totally got me into the environment. If this would be developed in VR in future should be fantastic. About art, I thought the ceiling is open sky but I know it's unfinished yet so never mind. The moving speed can be faster or able to toggle between walk and run should be better.

Amazing project, keep it up.;)

11. Mwester

Mwester

Thanks for the comments Akira!

12. MBrown42

MBrown42

Love the simple lines and feel, and the "we are watching" and "step by step guide to opression" artwork is hilarious. Makes me think of that old movie "them" with roddy roddy piper and the game portal.
    I'm curious if you built this for mobile what kind of framerate you get? I'm far from an expert, but your lines and models are effective and clean, and look low poly enough?
    Nice effort, it shows.

13. Mwester

Mwester

Thanks for the great comments! I am using VERY low poly models that I make in Blender. This helps to get an awesome framerate (which I believe clocks in at about 60-100FPS).

14. Mwester

Mwester

Update for all who are interested, Tharn is planned to be released as a finished title on STEAM hopefully within the next month.

Though it started as a small side project, Tharn has quickly become the spotlight of my projects, and so due to hard work, the game is nearly finished. The demo video for the original post shows an outdated version of the game at this current point. Be sure to follow this thread for updates as we come nearer to launch.

15. Mwester

Mwester

Update: The fundamentals of the game play are DONE! Currently working with voice actor to add some great details.

16. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

Does it have a storyline? defiantly need a test link .. :)

17. Mwester

Mwester

It absolutely has a story line! The story will be given via narration during game play. Thanks for asking. Unfortunately I am no longer planning on posting a web player or download, as I am going the route of releasing on STEAM. That being said, a puzzle is no fun if everyone already knows how to solve it.

18. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

beautiful man, goodluck!

19. Mwester

Mwester

The game has officially been submitted for review on STEAM. Will become available for 2.99 USD, and a planned launch discount at 40% off! Here are the teasers for it:

20. Doug_B

Doug_B

Nice teasers; short and funny. :)

Are you planning a slightly more comprehensive one along with the actual release? Maybe using snippets from the original video linked at the head of this thread?

Best of luck with the launch.

21. Mwester

Mwester

I'm hoping for a launch anytime between May 25 and June 5. Thanks for the support, and yes there will probably be a more informative trailer in the next few days.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Doug_B likes this.
  22. Mwester

Mwester

Tharn is NOW available for purchase on the STEAM platform! Standard price (US) is 2.99 USD, but it currently has a discount of 40%! Act now to get your copy of Tharn for only 1.79 USD!

Link to store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/837270/Tharn/