Search Unity

Systems not running: What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by gilley033, May 31, 2019.

1. gilley033

gilley033

I know I am missing something incredibly simple . . .

I upgraded a project to Unity 2019.2.b04 in order to play around with the new Unity Physics stuff. When I last used the D.O.T.S., you had to manually initialize the World, however it does not appear this is the case any longer.

I created a new scene with a simple sphere in it, removed the Sphere Collider and added the Physics Body, Physics Shape, and ConvertToEntity scripts. I should be able to just hit Play and have the sphere fall, right? Nope. It just stays put.

I opened the Samples project in 2019.2.b04 and did the exact same thing there, and it works perfectly. So what am I missing? Is there some setting in the Unity Editor I need to enable? If you need more info I will provide it, however I am hoping there is something incredibly simple that I am missing.

2. gilley033

gilley033

I knew it was something simple! I had this scripting define symbol set in Player Settings: UNITY_DISABLE_AUTOMATIC_SYSTEM_BOOTSTRAP

A leftover from when I had tried to create my own custom physics world and manually run it. I doubt anyone will run into this issue, but who knows?