Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

System.Runtime.Remoting 4.5 .net runtime does not exist

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by KB73, Apr 19, 2018.

1. KB73

KB73

This is from installing a 3rd party Unity sdk...Leanplum

We're on 2018.1.b13 iOS IL2CPP

If i switch the scripting runtime to .net 3.5 legacy, it compiles ok.

We'd love to use 4.5 if possible and had not issues until this plugin

Do you know if this will be addressed soon or if at all?

thanks
    KB

2. KB73

KB73

- more information, my bad - it isn't the scripting .net runtime , it is the compatibility

We had it set on .net 2.0 - if i set the api compatibility to .net it compiles....

3. KB73

KB73

* set api compatibility to 4.x - it fixes the issue but...Unity blog does not recommend this for mobile :/...

Emailed plugin provider to see if they have a workaround..

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

With the new scripting runtime, we support two Api Compatibility Level options:
    • .NET 4.x
    • .NET Standard 2.0
    Based on the documentation here: https://apisof.net/catalog/System.Runtime.Remoting you can see that System.Runtime.Remoting is not available in .NET Standard 2.0, but is available in the .NET Framework, which is why this works with the .NET 4.x Api Compatibility Level.

We recommend .NET Standard 2.0 for mobile platforms because it is smaller than .NET 4.x. I believe your action is correct - you should ask the plugin provider about this. Ideally, all plugins should try to target .NET Standard 2.0, so they will work on as many platforms as possible.

KB73 likes this.