Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug System.NullReferenceException for script that apperantly dosent exist

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by SpinDash2305, Dec 4, 2023.

1. SpinDash2305

SpinDash2305

im using unity 2022.3.2f1 and i am getting a error when loading a project folder that says the following:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at ApiUpdater.MovedFromOptimizer.Program.CollectMovedFromTypeNamesFromAssembly(String assemblyPath, StreamWriter outputFile, IAPIUpdaterListener logger) in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/Tools/ScriptUpdater/ApiUpdater.MovedFromExtractor/Program.cs:line 85
    at ApiUpdater.MovedFromOptimizer.Program.RealMain(String[] args) in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/Tools/ScriptUpdater/ApiUpdater.MovedFromExtractor/Program.cs:line 41
    at ApiUpdater.MovedFromOptimizer.Program.Main(String[] args) in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/Tools/ScriptUpdater/ApiUpdater.MovedFromExtractor/Program.cs:line 17
    ive searched my project folder for this but i cant find Program.cs and i tried deleting the libary folder to no avail. help me :(

2. SpinDash2305

SpinDash2305

ok, i know know that bokken is the build bot, but how do i get the error message to go away