Search Unity

System for Sending and Receiving Messages (Between Server and Clients) on the Unity LLAPI

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by TheNoobieWaffle, Nov 25, 2016.

1. TheNoobieWaffle

TheNoobieWaffle

After some frustration with Unity's HLAPI, I decided to make my own system on top of the LLAPI. This is made for Unity 5.4.3, but 95% of development time was in 5.3.5. So, if you wanted to use it for that version, it is fully possible. In fact, for 5.3.5, I made it possible to use Unity's internet servers. Because of changes in newer versions, I commented out internet based parts. It is now strictly LAN, but you can port forward just fine. Anyone can use it as they like! I hope it helps people understand the networking! If you want to simply use it for your project, go head!

It allows/features:

Creating a server
    Joining a server
    Disconnecting/Closing a server
    Remote Procedure Calls
    Buffered Remote Procedure Calls
    State Updates (Transform: position, rotation, scale - NonTransform: bool, int, float, string)
    ID based networked gameobject system (allows instantiation, specific owners, networked destroy)

The cool thing about the state updates is that they can be set to track, technically, any serializable field of any component. I've only used it floats, but everything else should be fine. The system allows you to control the number of decimal places sent to better optimize it.

Its well organized, and pretty well documented. Its my first big submission to the community, so sorry if there are small errors. If you leave me feedback, I can do better next time!

--Michael

Attached Files: