Search Unity

Resolved System(dot)Net Socket Usage on MAC OS

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by TheNoobieWaffle, Feb 6, 2021.

1. TheNoobieWaffle

TheNoobieWaffle

Hi guys. I wrote a UDP networking system that is usable in Unity, as well as a C# console application. I have a good understanding of how to use the libraries at my disposal, at least inside of Windows. On windows, everything works as intended. On MAC, I get an exception similar to "not implemented". I apologize for not being concise here, but I do not own a MAC, nor do I have the money to obtain one. I was able to test with someone who had a MAC once. In any case, Using System.Net.Sockets.Socket and similar, under the hood, it eventually tries to use: System.Net.NetworkInformation.UnixIpGlobalProperties.GetActiveUDPListeners() on MAC, to which it throws the exception. My question is how I could see the library and everything at my disposal to figure this out, and if anyone knows any fixes or directions they can set me in. I think I have come to understand that the Mono version is what matters to me, and I dont see the proposed type at https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...cs/class/System/System.Net.NetworkInformation . My knowledge drops off past actually using stuff inside the language... so I would very much appreciate any leads on how to move forward in making my networking system work for MAC users as it works exceptionally in Windows and I have invested a lot of time in it!

Thanks,
    Michael

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

3. TheNoobieWaffle

TheNoobieWaffle

Thank you kindly, sir. I cannot say as of yet if I have it working, based on the fact that I can only test when I have a few select friends available, but I believe you have given me the stepping stone I need to get this in working order. I very much appreciate you spending some of your time selflessly helping people on a forum with your valuable spare time. Have a nice day! @PraetorBlue