Search Unity

System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection doesn't exist in target framework.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rohitgoyal, Jul 24, 2013.

1. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

Hi I am getting this error while building the player for Windows Phone 8. The error come during Postprocessing Player

Error building Player: Exception: Error: type System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection doesn't exist in target framework. Error: type System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase doesn't exist in target framework.

While looking at http://msdn.microsoft.com/enus/libr...specialized.namevaluecollection(v=vs.80).aspx this clearly support System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection . :confused:

The error is repeated uncountable number of times. Someone please help me out with this. :(

2. Ostwind

Ostwind

3. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

Ohh! I am sorry I don't know why the link is not working.

But just choose .Net2.0 in other version as that's what Unity uses and it shows System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection supported there.

4. Ostwind

Ostwind

Nope, afaik Unity uses mono 2 for other platforms but Windows 8 ones use different .net framework.

5. rextr09

rextr09

I got exactly the same error in the post processing phase. What plug-ins or frameworks do you use? May it be related to NGUI or some Prime31 plugin?

6. Harry1960

Harry1960

Removing all Prime31 stuff from my project solved that issue.

7. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

I have removed the whole plugin folder from my project but still getting the same error. I am using JavaScript.

8. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

Go into Player setting for Windows Phone 8 in Unity 4.2
    In the last line in "Other Settings" there is an option of API compatibility option.
    There it clearly shows .Net 2.0

9. Harry1960

Harry1960

I removed all Prime31 stuff from the plugins and editor folders.

10. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

Removed everything from editor too but still getting the same error. :(

11. rextr09

rextr09

In my case, the problem is gone when I deleted the P31Reskit.dll from the Plugins folder.

12. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

I have only restsharp.dll in my plugins folder which is a default dll of Unity. And my Editor folder is empty. Can you suggest where might be the problem.

13. rextr09

rextr09

I don't have restsharp.dll in my plugins folder. Did you try deleting it?

14. iossif

iossif

deleting all prime31 stuff fixed it for me.

15. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal

Previously I wasn't able to delete the restsharp.dll but this time I was able to delete it and it worked. :)

For anyone who is having the same problem clean up your plugin folder and editor folder and it should work.

16. unleech

unleech

dont forget to delete p31restkit.dll

deleted almost all plugins, but im sure that the culprit is prime31

17. karanvir

karanvir

Thanks all you guys. But in my case I have to delete JSon.dll file along with prime31 and then the problem is solved. Anybody who is still facing the same problem can do this also, and it might be helpful.:D

18. prime31

prime31

Chiming in here for all your folks enjoying the wonderful API changes Microsoft decided to force on any store apps. Have a look at the General section of our Windows Store documentation for a proper fix. The relevant section in there is entitled Special Note About Windows Store and Windows Phone Crazy DLL Handling