Search Unity

Question Synthetic image marker not possible to edit with URP

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by cam415, Jun 7, 2020.

1. cam415

cam415

When creating a synthetic image marker in the Mars environment hierarchy, I'm getting the message-
    "Current internal marker ID doesn't match any other ID's in the current library. It might belong to another library."

How do I sync the components in the simulation to the image marker in my scene? I can see the image in the inspector of the marker library but it is disabled.

The Mars session in my scene has a functioning Marker Library and I have a Proxy Object set up with a Marker condition that displays the image from my mars session marker library. Everything seems to be working fine in my scene view but the Mars simulation scene is not reflecting the same results.

Using Unity 2019.3.10f with URP.
    Did not seem to have this issue in a clean project using the SRP

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @cam415,

Yes, that happens when you dont have selected any synthetic marker image in the synthetic marker inspector Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.37.03 PM.png

Just after selecting a marker your synthetic marker shows in the scene and the message disappears as shown here
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.37.19 PM.png

pretty much you should see the same images you have in the selected marker library in the MARS Session in the synthetic marker library. you just need to select which one to use and you should be good to go :)

3. cam415

cam415

Thanks @jmunozarUTech
    I am unable to select the same image in the selected marker library. It is grayed out.

EDIT: The disappearing marker was actually just due to not having "simulated data" visible in the simulation scene options. the unselectable image marker is still an issue however.

marsImageerror.png

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@cam415 Ah okay, I misunderstood; the issue is that all your whole inspector is disabled, not just the synthetic marker.

Could you "Resync" the simulation? (Click on the "Resync" button in the simulation controls in the MARS Panel). Would that enable it again?

5. cam415

cam415

@jmunozarUTech
    When I "Resync" the simulation, the image marker disappears
    error2.PNG

6. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@cam415 for the time being that's fine, but seems that after resyncing the simulation doesnt enable your inspector. If you create another synthetic marker can you select an image?. What about plain image markers; are they selectable?

7. cam415

cam415

After resyncing the simulation and creating another synthetic marker, I am still unable to select the image in the inspector (synthesized marker id script)

The image in the "marker condition" is selectable in the plain image marker displayed in my main hierarchy

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Ok That's really strange. What OS are you running, what platform are you building for and does it happens on a clean project using URP?

9. cam415

cam415

Hey @jmunozarUTech

Windows 10
    Building for Android
    Unity 2019.3.10f1
    ARFoundation 3.1.0 (preview 8.0)
    URP

The same problem occurred in a clean URP project.
    Worked fine in a clean project using the built in pipeline.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  10. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Excellent, I will take a look into this and will report back. Thanks!

11. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@cam415 alright, good news and bad news.

Bad news is its a bug and I am looking into it. The good news is that there is a workaround for the time being if you are using URP with synthetic markers.

So. To modify that synthetic marker what you should do is:
    1. Create a synthetic marker and save the environment (hit the resync button and click "save")
    2. click on the edit button to edit the scene in the environment hierarchy (from the mars panel)
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.09.03 PM.png

3. after clicking there you will be able to edit your environment. Search for the synthetic marker you created and you should be able to change the markers and do stuff!

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.12.51 PM.png
    After that you should have your synthetic marker working on the scene view and reflected the additions you add with your image markers :)

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.21.50 PM.png

This will be fixed on the next release. Let me know if you have any issue with the workaround :)

12. cam415

cam415

@jmunozarUTech I will give this a shot. Will let you know if I have any issues. Thank you!

jmunozarUTech likes this.
  13. cam415

cam415

jmunozarUTech likes this.
  14. TangLei77

TangLei77

未命名1591947891.png
    How about this?I dont know why.I did it according to the official documents, but this problem occurred when I packaged it for testing on Android devices.Help,pls!

15. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@lei77 That's strange. Lets check several things.
    1. Do you have an image marker library assigned in the MARSSession game object? if yes, what does it says? (screenshot would be enough)
    2. Can you please share a screenshot of the inspector for the asset located in
    Assets/MARS/Settings/Resources/MarkerProviderSettings.asset

3. What OS and Unity version are you using?
    4. Can you check if you have a file called
    MarsMarkerLibraryTest_arf

5. Can you check that your ARFoundation and ARCore versions are the same in the package manager (also please share the versions)

16. TangLei77

TangLei77

First of all, thanks for your reply.
    1. 1592191337(1).png
    2.My unity version of windows is 2019.3.5.
    3. 1592191478(1).png 1592191517(1).png

17. TangLei77

TangLei77

XUE HUA PIAO PIAO BEI FENG XIAO XIAO.:(

18. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

19. TangLei77

TangLei77

I'm sorry. I checked my PackageManager ,it already has ARFoundation (version 2.1.8).And I built it,it's still that mistake.
    1592267715(1).png
    I know there will be one webinar ,will there be a replay?

20. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@lei77 This is strange. The issue could be with ARCore (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples/issues/119)

Can you check two things for me:
    1. Do you have spaces in the directories between the name of the project, the subdirectories and the path where you put the images?
    2. Do you have your culture settings on your machine set to user Commas instead of periods for float numbers?

Try not using spaces between your file paths for your images and set your culture settings on your machine to use periods for float numbers.

Finally, just to be 100% sure you have everything set up; can you show me how the
    MarkerProviderSettings
    shows up on your inspector.

21. TangLei77

TangLei77

My computer may be angry. He doesn't work. I can't check my project recently. I'm sorry.When the computer is repaired, I will check and reply at the first time.