Search Unity

Synchronize moving platform over network(jerkin on client)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Azaldur, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Azaldur

Azaldur

Hey,
    I made a multiplayer game where one of my players got control over a platform and can move it. This works fine. But when an other player, who is not the network owner(this is the first player joining the game, who can also control the platform), stands on the platform, the screen and platform "jerks"(i hope it is the right word to describe this behaviour, i'm not native englisch :). An other word i found is "bucking"). I tried using physics and also transform.translate but its not working right. If i look with the "platform network owner" player to the other player he also isn't in its right position, where he is on his own screen. This error also happens only when the players stands on the platform.
    I'm using the photon network engine. I hope someone can help me :).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. tobiass

tobiass

3. Azaldur

Azaldur

Hey,
    I still doesn't know how to get this to work. Does somebody got an project where multiple players can move around on a moving object? It would also be a great help if it is written with the unity 3d network system and not with photon, because it is very similiar(with the photon networking plugin). Thank you :)

4. tubelightboy

tubelightboy

I know this might sound silly and I am replying after 10 years lol. Do you make both the player objects as a child to the platform object? because from what you are describing, it does not sound like a network issue. you might wanna check if you are allowing only the owner to control the platform properly (I suppose you should be figuring this out with a variable of some sort).