Search Unity

sync Multiple Cameras iOS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by martinamenegon, Jan 26, 2020.

1. martinamenegon

martinamenegon

Hi,
    I am trying to create an app in which one scene can be viewed by different cameras/players. The app should be installed in 5 iPads (2nd Generation), and they should all be synced, watching from different angle the same scene at the same time.
    Any suggestion what should I look at to develop something like this? I never worked before with network systems so I am a bit lost..

thank you so much in advance

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This is really just the same as any other GameObject syncing. The fact there is a camera component attached doesn't really change anything. You've got 5 clients, you'll need either one of them to host or a separate server, and some GameObject which you need to sync its position to all the clients. On each client you'd have your different camera facing whatever direction it is supposed to face. The GameObject with the camera component itself can be part of the synced GameObject, and you just enable/disable the various cameras as needed, or it can be a separate object you just instantiate locally and make a child of the synced GameObject. However you think best for your project.

Most any high level network API has the concept of spawning and syncing GameObjects, so any of them would do. Syncing the positions of GameObjects is a rather trivial task to write yourself for a low level API as well, with my only real frustration being smoothing out the movement on the client side without introducing too much lag.