Search Unity

symbiote like Unmerge Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by skyemagethe3rd, May 21, 2018.

1. skyemagethe3rd

skyemagethe3rd

Context before I begin. My character is basically 2 characters, both i have models for. What I want is to cause an animation so that when the player enters a button under the right circumstances a trigger happens that cause this animation where the MC (let's call her MC1) drops to the ground and becomes an unmovable grey model of herself while MC2 in the middle of this unmerges with her in a Venom style and you control her for a limited amount of time before she evaporates and MC1 is unlocked again. What i need help with is making the animation of the unmerging because I want it to look something like this:

where venom merges with what's his face but only... you know... backwards

So is there any solutions you guys can think of in Unity or do I have to make this animation in Maya?

2. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

To pull something like that off, I'd say you'd need to use a fancy shader or particle system. There's no way you're going to get that effect with polygons. My guess is that the FX for that movie were done in Houdini using it's complex procedural systems and probably represents 200 million polygons-- So you're going to have to fake it. The right shader could work but that'd be a big project.

madd and theANMATOR2b like this.