Search Unity

Syllablade: Word Combat Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TheValar, May 1, 2015.

1. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

TheValar likes this.
  2. TheValar

TheValar

Ok I've finally posted a solid update with stages, leveling, and stats. Webplayer/WebGL seems pretty worthless these days so I've put a link up to an android apk as well. It would be awesome if people would check it out and let me know what they think. Trying to work on balancing right now so let me know how far you get!

3. TheValar

TheValar

Ok uploading a few small tweaks now. Also I thiiiink I've settled on a title for the game. I'm pretty sure I'm going to call it Syllablade. It's a play on words tweaking the word syllable (get it? get it?)

4. TheValar

TheValar

I've been working on this a lot the last couple of weekends. Made a lot of behind the scenes changes that aren't exactly noticeable, but also simplified the GUI a lot and made some subtle visual tweaks. There is also a shield powerup now.

Most significant visual change is probably how you receive coins.
    New WebGL build should be up :D
    WBcoinsDemo.gif

RavenOfCode likes this.
  5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Looking great as usual :)

TheValar likes this.
  6. TheValar

TheValar

Ok New Web Build! A Barbarian character is now available as well as the start of a Gem System. There are also a bunch of minor tweaks and bug fixes!

theANMATOR2b and RavenOfCode like this.
  7. TheValar

TheValar

Pretty big update today. No .gifs but the gem system is now in! Basically you get bonuses for getting long words and a couple other things

8. TheValar

TheValar

Today I finished the poison ability as well as a mechanic that lets you sacrifice a turn to clear your letter tiles!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  9. TheValar

TheValar

Added a bunch of stuff this week. Under the hood changes now allow for insurance of possible words (the grid will keep regenerating until at least 15 words are possible). Additionally the grid can be resized at runtime which is cool. Aside from a some visual polish I also added two new abilities. "Freeze" and "Enhance Intellect"

RavenOfCode and theANMATOR2b like this.
  10. TheValar

TheValar

Wow it's been a year since I've updated this forum... oops...
    I have been working on this, but I've also gone very long periods of time without working on it. Many things have changed
    There are no longer separate characters, instead you purchase items to customize your "avatar". Additionally there is no longer infinite "rogue like" gameplay, but stage based progression with persistent stats.

here is an updated web build https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/share/bJo2sSZgQz/

RavenOfCode likes this.
  11. TheValar

TheValar

theANMATOR2b and RavenOfCode like this.
  12. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Woah, this game improved so much! I just downloaded and I'm really impressed, great work and congrats on getting to an official release!

13. TheValar

TheValar

Thanks glad you like it! It has for sure been a long road. Glad to say I have this done and can move along with other things without being haunted by it lol

RavenOfCode likes this.