Search Unity

Sword and Shield Animset Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kubold, Dec 27, 2014.

?

Would you want it to be a more expensive package, with more melee weapons?

1. Yes, add switchable 1 handed swords (no shield), 2 handed swords and spears and increase to $150

50.9%
  2. No, make separate packs for each weapon, I'll merge them to the controller myself

49.1%
  1. Kubold

Kubold

1. Obviously the scripts was doubled. You already had a cursorlockhide.cs in your project.
    as for errors - something happened that made it not global.Just mark this as global back again.

2. I can't tell why, I don't know the project you imported it to. I would look on obvious stuff first, if physics layers have collisions with each other, what layers are your colliders using etc.

3. So, you:

- make a new empty project
    - import playmaker
    - import Sword & Shield Animset Pro

and you see no shield? Is the model of the shield deleted, or it's there, but disabled, or renderer is not working? Did the shield model file import to your project, or all the prfabs just lost reference to the model file?

I just downloaded and tested btw., the pack works normally and the shield is there on player and enemies, so I can't reproduce this. If you imported the package correctly, it should be there.

Btw. we should probably continue this through kuboldgames@gmail.com support e-mail, since this looks like a specific case, rather than a general information for forum.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Kubold

Kubold

I made a small VR game using Sword Animset Pro, Sword and Shield Animset Pro, Movement Animset Pro and Female Movement Animset Pro:

All the characters (wooden golems, ghouls, skeletons) use Female Movement Animset Pro Top-down controller (included in the pack). It's just instead of clicking on the ground, to tell characters where to go, I point with the VR controller and it shoots a raycast that hits the ground, and wal target is moved there.

The sword attacks and blocks are taken from Sword and Shield Animset Pro and Sword Animset Pro.

The fistfighting animations are from Movement Animset Pro and are triggered using Sword and shield Animset Pro chunk of Mecanim tree.

I post this here to show how all my animations can come together in one project. I could (and I will!) easly use Rifle Animset Pro and Cover Rifle Animset Pro animations and controller for enemies with crossbows and flintlock rifles, this way all my assets will be used in one project, and that's their ultimate destiny - to be used together :)

tsugukei likes this.
  3. witchscroll

witchscroll

oh. nice show. it looks like we need learn real swordplay before play a melee combat game in future. well done.

I'm still look forward to your animation addon, such as rolling, knock from back, hit from back, throw knife, equip/unequip sword from back, turn while moving....and the 2hand sword fighting animation pack.

good luck.

4. l0cke

l0cke

If you plan something like spear, bow and crosbow, axe, knifes, magic, etc we buy everything :)

5. magique

magique

@Kubold I recently tried to download this for my Unity 5.6 project, but it's now telling me I need to upgrade to Unity 2017.x. I don't see that requirement change in the release notes so I assume this change was unintentional. Another asset author had the same unintentional change recently. I've sent a support e-mail, but just got back an automatic response. I'm hoping to get this resolved quickly so I can use these in my project.

6. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@magique - you can just install a Unity 2017 version into a different folder and it won't interfere with your 5.6 installation. Import the package there and then just copy the files over to your 5.6 project.

I have about 6 different 5.x and 2017.x Unity versions installed, so I can vouch for this not messing with anything -- other than when you double click on a .unitypackage or select Open In Unity from a browser window - those seem to default to whichever Unity was most recently installed.

7. magique

magique

I'll have to give it a try. This doesn't always work. I recently did that with a fantasy weapons pack and all prefabs and materials were broken when copied over to the 5.6 project. I had to re-assign the materials myself and re-make the prefabs. But at least I got it working.

hopeful likes this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

Didn't know where to post this, but I wanted to say that I watched the video for Survival Animset Pro vol 2 and it looks great. I don't have a survival game, but I can definitely see using these animations!

9. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

I'm very sorry, but due to many changes in Unity versions, sometimes occuring even between patch versions, it has become practically impossible for me to maintain versions so far back. My library of animations is growing and the limited amount of time I can spend on supporting them, forces me to keep up, especially with Unity and Playmaker changing so quickly.

Previous versions of my controllers often based on CharacterMotor.js script from Unity 4.x. Java Script is now unsupported in Unity 2018, which complicates things even more.

I'm sorry, but you need to download latest version of Unity to download this pack. You can then take the animations and import them to previous versions of Unity or any other engine or 3d software, since they are in .FBX format.

10. magique

magique

lol. 5.6 is not so far back as far as development goes. But OK. I'll give it a shot.

11. StevanJay

StevanJay

Hey! Just been playing around with the Sword and Shield set, and mostly loving it... Just a couple of anims that I see the sword arm going through the shield, on different models and setups - looking in detail at your video, it looks like it's even happening there... The problems are with Sword_Attack_Sp_U and Sword_Attack_Rd. Do you see the same thing? Any suggestions how I could fix?

12. BonyYousuf

BonyYousuf

Hi Kubold,
    I just bought your "Sword Animset Pro" package. While the animations are top notch, I think the hit reaction animations are lacking. In all the hit animation player is hit from the front. In my game and I'm sure in many other game, enemies will get hit from the side or from the back. It would be really great if you could add some animation where the player is getting hit from the back and left and right side.

Thanks