Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Switching platform triggers changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by icreate, Aug 1, 2016.

1. icreate

icreate

Using Unity 5.4 f3, and the cache server.
    I have been switching between iOS and tvOS. Every time I switch I get a change in ProjectSettings.

standardShaderQuality: 1 or standardShaderQuality: 0 depending on the platform.

is that normal? or I have something wrong setup?

I find that is more problematic when using one Unity on Mac and the other on Windows with different targets.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @icreate
    Thank you so much for posting! You have uncovered a bug for the tvOS platform. It seems by default to set quality settings to "Fantastic" in the editor. Collaborate has correctly displayed the difference for you. :) If you are willing to submit a bug, please do so and ping me the case #.

Thank you!

3. icreate

icreate

No problem, glad to help. I sent you the case# for the tvOS issue. #820246
    But I see that other platforms are changing settings too. So going to Windows/Mac desktop or Samsung TV will change the settings also which triggers a change for collaborate.
    Does not seem logical to me.

Also, while testing, checking the differences from collaborate works fine if I single click the 'eye' but it consistently crashes Unity if I double click.
    I filed another case #820243 (Initially I thought it is limited to Samsung TV platform but later found it happens with any platform).

holliebuckets likes this.
  4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so much @icreate ! The double clicking "See Diff"/eye is a known issue, but looking at your logs you may have found a separate one. Thank you for submitting bugs, I can't tell you enough how much that helps me!!

unityunity