Search Unity

Switching Multiple Scenes With Single AR Camera

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by neuromersiv, Apr 25, 2018.

1. neuromersiv

neuromersiv

Hi Guys,

This particular topic has been discussed in a few other threads but I haven't come across a conclusive answer. I am trying to prototype an app to switch between multiple AR scenes using the same image target and a simple UI/buttons. Fairly easy to implement using the SceneManager class but problem comes when the AR camera is destroyed and a new one is created from the new scene causing a brief blackout & delay.

To avoid this I have attached a simple DontDestroyOnLoad script to the AR camera in the first scene and deleted AR cameras in all other scenes to avoid multiple AR cameras. However, with this method, the image target in the new scene is no longer connected to the camera. What's the best way to workaround this to achieve a seamless transition between AR scenes tracked to the same image target without the pause.

Cheers,

Anshul

2. nilsdr

nilsdr

3. neuromersiv

neuromersiv

4. dkalinda

dkalinda

Hey, I'm new to using Unity and trying to switch between different scenes using a single AR Camera. Do you mind sharing more detail about how you made this work? That is, your Unity IDE, your code, and anything else necessary to know about.

Jomana2004 likes this.
  5. gsshewalkar

gsshewalkar

I am also looking for this from ARCore perspective. Any inputs on this?