Search Unity

Switching from Deferred Lighting to Forward Makes All Lightmaps Black?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by agilelensalex, Feb 9, 2016.

1. agilelensalex

agilelensalex

Typically, when I perform a bake, I do it with Deferred Lighting and then switch back to Forward Lighting afterwards so that my builds will run smoother. This always seems to have worked, until today.

Deferred.png Forward.png
    (deferred vs. forward)

I really have no idea how to fix this-- I tried clearing the lightmaps and the GI Cache and totally rebaking from scratch-- same result.

I've tried it on multiple computers, all running Unity 5.3.2

One interesting observation: it seems to be related to my shadow settings. With Forward Lighting enabled, if I go into the Quality Settings and disable shadows, everything looks good again. But as soon as I turn on shadows (even at low resolution and with 'hard shadows only), everything goes black again.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. agilelensalex

agilelensalex

(and to clarify, when I say everything looks 'good' again, I mean not black. The quality though is obviously lacking at that level)

3. agilelensalex

agilelensalex

SOLVED. If anyone else encounters something like this, check all of your lights. Turns out I had ONE directional light on that was set to 'Realtime' instead of 'Baked', and that was causing all the issues. As soon as I turned it to Baked and performed another bake, everything was fine.

Still seems like a bug though-- one realtime light shouldn't turn off all the baked maps.