Search Unity

Switching from b2 to b7 - prefab references issue

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by aurelien-morel-ubiant, Oct 26, 2018.

1. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Hellos guys,
    is it normal to have prefab references lost during the beta 7 upgrade from beta 2 of our project ?
    The behaviour was like we got before with beta 2 during import process, some (almost) all our prefab with reference on other prefabs lost them and all is setup to "None".
    Our developer with the trouble just did a reimport on folder with prefab and everything is solved.

Cause I think it was fixed in the beta 6 with theses release note entries :

- Prefabs: Crossreferences of abstract type in prefabs crash during import. (1086779, 1087679)
    - Prefabs: Fix References being lost on PrefabInstances when Library folder is deleted and a component cross reference other PrefabInstances. (1084470)

Thanks !

2. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I think what happened was that a change to support serializing references inside a collection was reverted at some point during the beta cycle and then later reimplemented in the proper way.

This gab could have introduced what you are seeing. We have made sure now the prefabs are reimported automatically in the next beta and then all problems with missing references should hopefully be gone.

aurelien-morel-ubiant likes this.
  3. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Ok so in the beta 8 all msut be ok with the prefab serialization system ? (if i'm right)
    It's nice to ear that !

4. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

I think it was fixed in beta 7 actually, but prefabs did not reimport automatically
    but yeah in beta 8 all should be good

aurelien-morel-ubiant likes this.
  5. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

@SteenLund It seems to be not fixed in beta8 expect if we triggered another bug.

One of our developer has checkout the project on its computer.
    So nothing was setup for the project, I mean he gets only Assets / ProjectSettings folder.

First start on this project with Unity 2018.3b8
    And most (maybe all) references in prefab was lost or broken.
    I asked him to make a "Reimport" on Assets folder and everything was fine after this.

Is it the same issue which is still not fixed or another one ?

konsic likes this.
  6. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

And any news on this one ?

Just to be sure if we have a project entierly commited (Assets/ProjectSettings) on a VCS (git, svn, perforce, ....)
    If someone checkout this project and open it on Unity 2018.3b8 (for example) all references must stay now and everything must work on the first launch without any reimport after the first full import etc... ?

If the response is "yes" I can say it's a "no" cause we get again that kind of issue on a fresh project with b8

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This should be resolved as of b9.

8. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Ok I'll switch to b12 as soon as it's released (tomorrow hope so) cause there is others bugs in this version that we wait to be fixed.

Thanks !

LeonhardP likes this.