Search Unity

Feedback Switch highlighting on a tutorial page

Discussion in 'In-Editor Tutorials Packages' started by kevinwatson, Jul 5, 2021.

1. kevinwatson

kevinwatson

I was wondering if it's possible to initially highlight one object in a window for a tutorial page and then after that object is clicked, highlight a different object. For example, initially highlight a button, instruct the user to click it, the user clicks it, and then a different button is highlighted. All of this being done on a single tutorial page.

2. Ali-Unity3D

Ali-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

Hi. Currently there's no easy way to achieve this but we're planning on (reintroducing) support for multiple instructions per tutorial page, which would allow specifying dedicated masking options for each instruction, which subsequently would allow implementing this behaviour. My current advice is to considering enabling auto-advance for the "click button" tutorial page which should allow fluent transtion to the next page which would highlight the next button.

3. kevinwatson

kevinwatson

Thanks Ali. Not a particularly urgent need. As you mentioned, I can break the one tutorial page into two tutorial pages.