Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Switch from Test to Live ads

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by jjdomain, Jun 9, 2022.

1. jjdomain

jjdomain

I've set up the mediation ad sources and installed corresponding adapters.
    I will need to test each ad network to make sure the ads shows up in my android device.
    Once game is ready for production, how do I make all ad sources serve real ads?
    -For example I could not find relevant documentation for applovin dashboard.
    -Also for unity mediation ads there is no "test mode" checkbox like the non-mediated unity ads. How do I switch from test to production?
    Thx in advance.

2. jjdomain

jjdomain

To test ads on android for each network in the waterfall, I only enable one ad source each time and build.
    -I can disable all other networks except unity. How to disable unity ads or set it on test mode so I can test other networks individually?

3. DeclanMcPartlin

DeclanMcPartlin

Unity Technologies

Hey @jjdomain,

Thanks for reaching out! To show test ads, the setup is largely different for each ad network. For the most part, as a Mediation solution, we cannot affect the ad network, if they are showing test ads or not.

It would be best to follow guidance from each ad network on how to test their ads. For the example of AppLovin, check out this link on your AppLovin dashboard (sign in required).

Test ads are a 'per ad network' setting. Mediation cannot affect dashboard settings in partner ad networks, for example. This means we cannot force partner ad networks to show test ads or not.

To confirm my understanding, are you uninstalling and installing the adapters from inside the Unity Editor? If that is the case, I'd recommend using the disable function from inside the dashboard, for the waterfall in question. This also means that you can use the same build to test all the ad networks in question, including Unity.

I hope this helps, and thank you for sharing your issue here, we will look into providing better guidance regarding test ads moving forward.

4. Ortiz_Daniel

Ortiz_Daniel

Unity Technologies

I would like to jump in and add that we released an update to our testing suite today.
    This new page will allow you to register a device and call specific networks to validate and should help out with the issue you are experiencing.
    The page can be found under project overview, called Testing.
    The docs can be found here, please let us know if this helps solve your issue and give us any feedback!